Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Owww I can't drink my wine tonight!!

(14 Posts)
BarbraDear Sat 11-Aug-18 22:32:28

What fresh hell is this??

Every time I take a drink of anything (haven't opened the wine yet) it gives me a sharp stabbing pain in my back around the kidney area. I've forgotten a few times and taken a drink only to end up shouting in pain but after a second or two it's gone.

SO.....there goes my lovely plans to have a nice bottle of wine tonight as a one off sad I never usually drink so was really looking forward to it.

Anyone else had plans but had to change them?

AbiBranning Sat 11-Aug-18 22:34:22

Oh nasty

BuntyII Sat 11-Aug-18 22:51:05

Is it just alcoholic drinks? It does sound a bit like something you might want to get looked at confused

BarbraDear Sat 11-Aug-18 22:55:34

No, haven't had any alcoholic drinks at all this week. I rarely drink at all actually, I'd just decided I've have some wine this evening then this started.

I did google but it doesn't say anything specific. I have had ongoing right abdo pain for months but Drs not really getting anywhere with it and now this is on the left at the back so not sure it's even related.

Anyone know which organ fluid hits first? Because it takes only a second or two after the drink has passed my lips for the pain to hit.

jellybeans44 Sat 11-Aug-18 22:57:14

Sounds like it's maybe your stomach or the muscle between your stomach/oesophagus! I'd definitely go get it checked by a doctor because that isn't normal!

BarbraDear Sat 11-Aug-18 23:31:26

Yes I'm thinking I might have to as small sips cause a little stabbing but big drinks of anything (water, tea, cola) makes it really bad. I'll have to ring on Monday and make an appointment and save the wine til I'm sorted

jellybeans44 Sun 12-Aug-18 10:51:00

Hope you get it sorted! Gutted for you about your wine 😟

NewYearNewMe18 Sun 12-Aug-18 11:09:50

Gall bladder

BarbraDear Sun 12-Aug-18 15:06:15

Haha yes, I was mostly gutted about my wine but now a little worried as it's still happening today.

@NewYearNewMe18 I can feel it on my back on the left side so don't think it's gallbladder related?

jellybeans44 Sun 12-Aug-18 16:15:55

Is it like a muscular pain?

BarbraDear Sun 12-Aug-18 16:50:21

No, it's not present at all unless I drink something. A second or so after it's swallowed it causes a sharp stabbing pain just to the left of my spin at the bottom of the ribs.

It's so weird and driving me crazy now. And I know I need to keep drinking so I don't get dehydrated but I dread every sip now.

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sun 12-Aug-18 16:59:22

Gallbladder pain typically refers to just at/ below the tip of the left scapula (shoulder blade) as the nerve from the gall bladder runs there. Can also be felt in abdomen or sternum

Howmanysleepstilchristmas Sun 12-Aug-18 17:00:21

Try ice lollies (sucked) to help alleviate gall bladder pain and to get fluids

BarbraDear Sun 12-Aug-18 17:33:07

Ah that's interesting How, thank you!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: