Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Oh my lord, I’m so bored!

(6 Posts)
Hatemyjob2 Sat 11-Aug-18 22:10:41

DH is away this weekend with his kids (adults) and sgs to see the football and normally I love the peace and quiet, but I’m so restless today. I took the new train to Kenilworth just to see what it was like (yup, that bored) and then back.

Pottered around, dusting, laundry, reading and then lost an hour looking for stuff to watch on Amazon and Netflix. Watched a couple of last seasons Doctor Who, a bit of Princess Bride, then a soak in the bath. I don’t really sleep much these days, what with the hot flushes from hell (thanks aromasin). My ds is at his dads as well, so no one to chat to and I can’t really call anyone at this hour.

So unusual for me to have this time to myself (until tomorrow afternoon). Any suggestions?

Bananalanacake Sat 11-Aug-18 22:16:37

Music videos on you tube. I am watching There's no limit. Right now

Pumpkintopf Sat 11-Aug-18 22:19:44

What are you in to? Any hobbies? A craft project you've been putting off? A home spa day? Cleaning out the kitchen cupboards? Planning for Christmas? Sorry some of these are probably awful suggestions!

Hatemyjob2 Sat 11-Aug-18 22:57:59

@Pumpkintopf No hobbies. Sort of did the Home spa when I had my bath: face mask, exfoliating and de-hairing etc. God. Not the C word already lol. I can’t bear to look at my cupboards atm. I need dh to get my footstool out of the shed as it’s buried under his winter kindling supplied. Im too short to get to the back of the top ones otherwise.

Just a bit restless and can’t concentrate on watching anything or even getting into my book.
I used to do latchook rug making, but got too expensive and I can’t knit for toffee. I got a colouring book out and all my naice pens then threw them aside in disgust. It’s like my adhd has gone into hyperdrive and currently getting up and down, pacing around, wandering up and downstairs.
House is very clean though. Lol

Pumpkintopf Sun 12-Aug-18 01:08:33

I can imagine that's really frustrating, having this precious time to yourself and not sure what to fill it with! Umm- start your novel? Plan your planting for next year's garden? Start learning a language for next year's holiday destination? smile

Guienne Sun 12-Aug-18 06:26:56

If you like rug making, have a go at crochet. Bella Coco videos on Youtube are really helpful.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: