Talk

Advanced search

Does passport need to match ticket or Advanced Passenger Information?

(9 Posts)
SemiAquaticEggLayingMammal Sat 11-Aug-18 21:42:13

I'm trying to check in on line for a flight to Spain on Tuesday for dc and I. I know that something has to match the passport and I thought it was the ticket but I booked through a travel agent and it's only Mrs. Initial Surname or Master Initial Surname.

I'm doing the Advance Passenger Information too- is this the bit that needs to be exactly the same as the passport? I've googled and so many sites come up but I dont think I am asking the right question because its not giving me helpful answers! Hopefully wise mumsnetters know the answer please!

dementedpixie Sat 11-Aug-18 21:45:28

Yes copy in the exact details

Muchtoomuchtodo Sat 11-Aug-18 21:45:59

I'm pretty sure that the API need to include the current, valid passport details but that the names on the API and ticket (travel agent booking) need to be the same.

KittyMcKitty Sat 11-Aug-18 21:48:55

Yes put in exact details on passport- you have to put in passport number too.

SemiAquaticEggLayingMammal Sat 11-Aug-18 21:50:06

Muchtoomuchtodo This is what I'm worried about- I gave the travel agent everything they asked for, why would they have only asked for initial and surname? Panicking now!

SemiAquaticEggLayingMammal Sat 11-Aug-18 21:52:40

Ok. So ill add everything on the API. Just got to check tomorrow with the (high street) travel agent about the fact the ticket doesnt match.

Actually, should there be a physical ticket? I booked in a shop and have print outs from them but nothing that actually says "ticket" on it...

KittyMcKitty Sat 11-Aug-18 21:53:32

Are you on tge airlines website?

When you put in the booking number it will ask you for all tge info it wants just fill that out - when it has all tge info you will be able to print boarding card.

Which airline?

KittyMcKitty Sat 11-Aug-18 21:55:19

There won’t be a ticket as such - put in yr ref number online and it’ll bring up your booking- your boarding card is essentially your ticket

DunesOfSand Sat 11-Aug-18 21:58:35

If the passport and API say Mrs Jane Brown, and the ticket says Mrs J Brown, they match.
If they say Mrs Linda Brown, you may have an issue.
I've travelled as Mr before (and I'm not!).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: