Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Platform 9 3/4?

(23 Posts)
WhatsYourFuckingProblem Sat 11-Aug-18 19:52:30

Has anyone been to the HP shop at Platform 9 3/4?
Is it worth going? Or is it stupidly busy and you’ve looked round in five minutes?

Have done the Studio Tour and DC loved it so told them we could visit Kings Cross but I want it to be worth it!

wizzywig Sat 11-Aug-18 19:53:32

Its really busy. If you have a pushchair/ wheelchair you'll get squashed a lot. But people seem really happy to be in there.

JohnnyKarate Sat 11-Aug-18 19:55:01

If you do go. Go as early as you can because the queue to pretend to 'run' through the wall with the trolley gets crazy long! But I love my picture of myself pretending to run through a solid brick wall! So worth it.

sunnyeyes Sat 11-Aug-18 19:56:29

We queued for about 45 mins for my dd to have a photo take going through the wall ( its free and they provide props) they then take the photos and you can take one too on phone etc. They then feed you in to shop and you can purchase one or just look around shop etc. Shop was crazy busy and hot!!

Magicbugkiller Sat 11-Aug-18 19:58:46

depends on the time, early it is quiet

It is just a queue for a photo and a small shop. I would imagine at 11pm or 5am you could just take a photo without a queue

WhatsYourFuckingProblem Sat 11-Aug-18 19:59:06

Ok thanks for the tips. Think it’s one train from where I can get on but I probably don’t want to travel in rush hour do I?
No pushchairs/wheelchairs thankfully but being in somewhere like Hamleys I find stressful and I lost sight of eldest DD last time we were in there.
Should I join us all together with string?!!

KindergartenKop Sat 11-Aug-18 21:53:21

It's literally just the trolley/wall and a tat shop. The queue was huge when I sat waiting for my train the other day at midday.

molifly Sat 11-Aug-18 21:54:46

It's a tiny tiny shop, I think you'd be dissappojged

Phosphorus Sat 11-Aug-18 21:56:56

It's small, but really nice.

They have things there that they don't have in the Studio Tour shop, and the staff are HP mad.

It's absolutely worth a visit.

WhatsYourFuckingProblem Sat 11-Aug-18 21:57:08

Really? I’ve ordered from them online before and they LOVED the gift shop at the studios (but it’s massive)
If it’s small maybe it’s not worth it as they only really want to go to look in the shop.

Starlight345 Sat 11-Aug-18 21:57:11

I went with Ds in afternoon , huge queue and neither of us could be bothered

WhatsYourFuckingProblem Sat 11-Aug-18 21:57:51

phosphorous You’ve given me new hope grin

StoorieHoose Sat 11-Aug-18 22:00:14

When I was there last week both the queue for the shop and the trolley were huge. I refused to wait in line to get into a shop. Stuff that for a game of soldiers

Fabricwitch Sat 11-Aug-18 22:37:33

It's always been way too busy with queues to get it when I've went, so never actually went into the shop...

Noeuf Sun 12-Aug-18 07:25:08

Bloody awful. Shop is badly designed and rammed full of people. Massive queue to take the same photo you can do in the studios.

MagentaRocks Sun 12-Aug-18 07:31:39

It’s awful in the shop. You can barely move for all the people crammed in there. The couple of times I have been to kings cross the queue for the trolley is huge. I’m not a HP fan so it didn’t interest me at all, but I suppose fans are willing to queue.

JustlikeDevon Sun 12-Aug-18 08:26:53

I have the world's biggest hp fan and she was hugely disappointed with kx. A wall and a shop. Nothing different in the shop and v expensive so options were limited. We live in London so v easy for us but I definitely wouldn't travel to go there!

ForalltheSaints Sun 12-Aug-18 08:28:48

Absolutely heaving at Kings Cross- even at 10am last Sunday morning when I went to catch a train there.

verite Sun 12-Aug-18 09:31:57

My Harry Potter obsessed DS loves it there. He went through a spate of wanting to go every weekend. He could easily spend an hour in the shop. But we are only 20 mins away! He did love the platform but they have that at HP world as well.

FaithEverPresent Sun 12-Aug-18 12:27:19

It’s alright but as pp it’s always busy. I’ve been when I was catching a train anyway but I wouldn’t make a special trip there.

Nesssie Sun 12-Aug-18 19:04:41

I’d say worth it for the photo! They give you the props and help out so it looks like you are running into the wall. They take professional photos that you can buy and also will take a free one on your phone.
Shop is quite expensive as you would expect.
Its just a bit of fun but worth it for a hp fan.

WhatsYourFuckingProblem Sun 12-Aug-18 19:30:27

It’s more the shop we would go for. I’m sure we already took photos of the wall at the HP studio.
They wanted to buy loads at the studio shop so was hoping the KX shop was big enough to be worth the visit.

dancinfeet Mon 13-Aug-18 09:16:20

It's small, but if they like HP it's nice to visit. There is also a big HP department in Primark (oxford st? I think it is on), where you can get lots of HP merchandise too and much cheaper than in the Kings Cross shop.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: