Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

No light fittings!

(9 Posts)
Gushpanka Sat 11-Aug-18 19:17:55

We just moved into a new house and there are no light fittings.
In some rooms there are wires hanging down so we can figure it out but in some rooms there's nothing, just a small hole in the ceiling (see photos).
What on earth do we do with that?

dementedpixie Sat 11-Aug-18 19:18:54

Is it a new build or was someone in it before you?

Knittedfairies Sat 11-Aug-18 19:19:27

If you bought with fixtures and fittings they should still be there!

CloudCaptain Sat 11-Aug-18 19:21:23

You will need an electrician.
What fixtures and fittings were included in your paperwork? Contact your solicitor to find out if you can charge the cost of the electrician back.
I would be pissed off at that. Have you checked the copper water pipes are still in place too?

Gushpanka Sat 11-Aug-18 19:23:43

We're renting. It's in continental Europe so i think it might be normal here. Our landlord seems a decent type and has moved to Germany himself for a few years and intends to come back

Littleoakhorn Sat 11-Aug-18 19:28:05

In Germany it’s normal to just have the wires. No wires is not normal. Are they tucked above the hole?

Gushpanka Sat 11-Aug-18 19:31:05

Yeah, i heard its normal in Germany so naybe that's why our landlord took them! Last house we rented here had all the light fixtures.
I'll have a look if the wires are there, they're certainly not obvious if they are and I'll need to get a step ladder to see (although dont fancy sticking my fingers jn there unless i shut off the electricity from the mains!)

Gushpanka Sat 11-Aug-18 19:31:58

Also what would he do with the wires themselves! It'd be really bizarre if he'd taken them.

Gushpanka Sat 11-Aug-18 19:33:52

Actually the holes is too small to even fit my little finger. Even if the wires are there, not sure how we'd get them out

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: