Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

How much money would you need for this?

(13 Posts)
BertrandRussell Sat 11-Aug-18 16:33:04

Me and 17 year old ds alone for 2 weeks. All bills paid-so just food and entertainment, I suppose. Full tank of petrol which will probably last the fortnight. Ds has money but will need a bit of subbing, possibly. I am going out 3 times-twice to the pub and once out to lunch. We will cook and eat nice food when we're both in because we enjoy cooking together. What would you budget?

AliceRR Sat 11-Aug-18 16:35:32

Min £250

Depends what your usual shopping cost is and how much you usually spend when you go to the pub

TheIsland Sat 11-Aug-18 16:39:44

I’d get some free/cheap hello fresh or gousto boxes for the food. I’d then say £100 on top of that.

BertrandRussell Sat 11-Aug-18 18:24:33

I knew Dp was feeling guilty! We’re not going away this summer, but he, jammy sod, has been asked to do something he loves for 2 weeks (and get paid) so he said he’d transfer money to me (we have separate personal bank accounts and always have- works for us!j for ds and me to have a nice time while he’s away and he’s transferred 700 quid. I wonder what he thinks we’re planning to do!

YeTalkShiteHen Sat 11-Aug-18 18:26:19

£700??? Happy days, I’d be making plans with that.

Could you expand your cookery knowledge and make something new? Or have a day out?

fussychica Sat 11-Aug-18 19:28:32

Is there any reason you can't go away? Surely you could have a lovely holiday/short break with that kind of cash. Or stay at home and treat yourselves to a rather nice present each.

junebirthdaygirl Sat 11-Aug-18 19:31:16

Ask your ds where he would like to go and head off. Great opportunity.

lapenguin Sat 11-Aug-18 19:42:36

Treat yourselves to a day out somewhere
Host a bbq for friends
Spa day for you, theme Park for him? Or both of you do both!
Go on a little shopping spree
Takeaway and movie night
Or restaurant and cinema night
Hair dressers for a new do

custardismyhamster Sat 11-Aug-18 19:50:51

Nice guy, your DP. Not so much the amount of money-though that’s lovely, but just the thought of helping out so you guys can also do something nice. Even if he could only afford £50, it’s still a lovely gesture. Hope he has a great two weeks doing his fun thing and that you and DS do too ❤️

NapQueen Sat 11-Aug-18 19:53:37

Oh that is lovely of him! Id do two dinners out with ds (one pick each), plus maybe a day out at a theme park with them.

Nice movies and snacks on an evening, id spend maybe £100 stocking up the fridge with my favourite bits.

Set aside 100 for ds if he asks (dont promote it!)

FlibbertyGiblets Sat 11-Aug-18 20:05:10

That is really thoughtful, what a decent chap.

Buy cheese. All the cheese.

BertrandRussell Sat 11-Aug-18 20:25:30

We can’t go away because of complicated timing of things and animals and stuff. It’s the money he’ll earn sailing, so he gets the fun and we get the dosh. So it’s proper free money to be spent entirely guilt free. We will have fun!

ChilliPowderMild Sat 11-Aug-18 20:27:51

What sort of thing is your ds into?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: