Talk

Advanced search

Pet mouse cage

(4 Posts)
sniffysnifferson Sat 11-Aug-18 16:19:27

We are thinking of getting a pair of pet mice for our dc.
Is this cage really suitable? I know its sold as being suitable but then i know manufacturers state that on things that provide the absolute bare minimum for the animal.

DarklyDreamingDexter Sat 11-Aug-18 17:00:52

My advice is don't get mice. Very cute, but they stink to high heaven! I wouldn't get a plastic cage either for the same reason. Think about dwarf hamsters instead. They don't smell if cleaned out regularly. They are supposed to be social if bought in pairs, sometimes they are, sometimes not. You might get a pair and be prepared to separate them if one bully tries to kill the other!

sniffysnifferson Sat 11-Aug-18 19:50:23

I thought they would be similar stinkyness as hamsters etc. Lo hasheart set on mice,no interest at all in hamsters

knowledgeofnone Sat 11-Aug-18 19:56:08

I had a mouse after having hamsters and I second the stinkiness and also they were much faster than hamsters and managed to escape all the bloody time.... in saying that I didn't have a cage nearly as awesome as that one looks so hopefully it will work better!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: