Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Best living room toy storage (bag/box?)

(14 Posts)
2233xylophone Sat 11-Aug-18 14:14:10

We started off with toys in small baskets that go in the coffee table. This spread to some bigger toys out on the floor that didn't fit in the baskets. This spread to filling the play pen (travel cot) with toys.

It's a TINY living room. So small. We don't use the play pen anymore so that's going to go up the loft and all the stacked full pen's worth of toys need a tidier home.

I want something that takes up less space than the travel cot, and can look a bit "naice", rather than garish (the play pen is a multicoloured 90s hand me down).

Would you recommend the canvas bag types, or just a big chest? Or something else? If possible, I'd like to avoid the need for my toddler to completely empty it every time because they want something at the bottom, always so something spacious I suppose?

2233xylophone Sat 11-Aug-18 22:31:18

Bump as we're going shopping tomorrow blush

2233xylophone Sun 12-Aug-18 14:58:35

Last attempt

KlutzyDraconequus Sun 12-Aug-18 15:00:16

Sory, I have Kallax from IKEA, my storage solution to every storage problem..

Cupbords, drawers and colorful boxes are all in their own little cube..

MissRainbowBrite Sun 12-Aug-18 15:03:16

A Kallax is your answer. You can then have the big pull out cubes to store big stuff or divide one of the cubes into half for smaller bits. They come in different colours too and don't look like kids storage.

Janek Sun 12-Aug-18 15:04:07

Yep, clicked to say Kallax too, and I don't care that I was beaten to it!!!

Helpmepleeease Sun 12-Aug-18 15:05:05

We have a nice wooden side table which has two draws and a cupboard beanth with a shelf going through the middle of the cupboard. We removed the shelf and put some toys in there including a canvas bag which houses all the smaller toys.

Maybe start with a canvas bag, only store items that don't contain loads of little bits that are a PITA to tidy 1000 times a day and see how you get on with it?

Have a look at ikea too for storage solutions and hacks.

Helpmepleeease Sun 12-Aug-18 15:05:40

And we also have a kallax but not in the living room.

Winterfellismyhome Sun 12-Aug-18 15:07:37

Also saying Kallax. They come jn different sizes. Have a 4 cube one for the living room which doubles as a changing table and a big one in his bedroom

bonzo77 Sun 12-Aug-18 15:15:12

IKEA Kallax. Used to have the massive 5x5 one, but after a big cull we are down to a 1x4. It’s on its side and doubles up as a tv stand. Toys are in boxes inside so can be totally hidden.

mummaoftwoboys Sun 12-Aug-18 15:31:55

Another vote for Kallax from IKEA. We also have some of the Phoenix cube storage units from Argos in my little boys room; we have found them really good & they come in lots of sizes too (just in case you don't have an IKEA nearby).

KitKatCHA Sun 12-Aug-18 15:34:59

In my (small) living room I have 2 sets of 2x4 Kallax units and 1 of the 2x2 - it's fantastic! I have three kids and it's so handy to be able to chuck the toys in and out of sight.

PixieMiss Sun 12-Aug-18 16:25:16

Another one who came on to say Kallax!

northernlites Sun 12-Aug-18 16:33:20

Kallax.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: