Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Would you consider me a CF? Post related

(7 Posts)
justwanttolookgood Sat 11-Aug-18 12:57:04

Something seems to be going dreadfully wrong.

I order quite a few items over the internet, all from various retailers. But as of late, half the stuff never turns up!

I have no idea why this is. I have double checked the address is correct. It is.

It isn't a difficult location to get to. It isn't a funny sounding place. There aren't, as far as I know, any similar sounding roads nearby.

So what's happening?

I called John Lewis yesterday to complain that my order still hasn't arrived, 12 days later.

The man said "I'll send another out since it's reached it's limit we expect it to get to you within. Hold on, just a note that's come up"

He put me on hold, and then explained something had popped up onto the account saying I'd called up for similar very recently! Which indeed, I did.

So John Lewis now think I'm a CF. They probably have it noted that I'm trying to con and get free stuff.

What do I do?

Many other companies will start thinking the same soon.

It's awful sad

IsTheRainEverComingBack Sat 11-Aug-18 13:02:52

Are the items meant to be delivered by post or a courier? Are they being tracked?

imsorryiasked Sat 11-Aug-18 13:06:17

I would be complaining to the courier / royal mail and getting it lodged their system so your stuff stops getting nicked!

justwanttolookgood Sat 11-Aug-18 13:07:23

Some post, some courier.

Usually courier actually since they're from companies but sometimes postal since I do like eBay

When it comes to courier, they always say it's come up as delivered!

Usually without a signature. But a few times I've had the delivery men themselves sign it, I think. Since signatures of 'David' and a a 'Steven' have come up

DisplayPurposesOnly Sat 11-Aug-18 13:41:21

Have you asked around your neighbours? Occasionally my postman or a courier fails to leave me a card when they leave a parcel with a neighbour, which is annoying.

Make sure your deliveries are tracked then follow up the tracking. If they say they've delivered to your neighbour, ask which one and complain that the courier hasn't left a card.

I recently had a courier mark my parcel as delivered when actually he'd run out of time and apparently would deliver it the next day. I complained to the company I purchased from so they could follow up. I don't mind when the parcel comes (within reason obviously) but I do mind the courier lying about its whereabouts

smurfy2015 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:47:16

Is it possible to have an outside cupboard for your items which is lockable but in the special instructions area of your purchases you add a number for adjoining keysafe code which contains the key, leave a plastic folder of notes inside it for the courier to add who left what and when - so Hermes 2 parcels at 3pm on 11th Aug

Thats what I have so just suggesting it, Im lucky tho my postmen (i know them by name) and delivery drivers (also by name) know if they cant access it as I change codes often to prevent theft, my next door neighbour will take it for me if im not here but I am mainly housebound anyhow so am mostly here

Sunflower1140 Sun 12-Aug-18 03:34:08

I’m not sure if this may be linked to GDPR? We moved house recently and for several services have had to give our data information twice (water, gas, electric, etc) once online, then they have phoned to check but without seeming to know our account details 🧐. That said, I placed a big John Lewis order a couple of months ago and returned some of it. One of the parcels was acknowledged as being returned but the money wasn’t credited - when I contacted them by phone it was credited within 10 mins; the lady I spoke to didn’t really seem surprised this had happened.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: