Talk

Advanced search

Think of the most interesting people you know - why are they interesting?

(20 Posts)
FuckyDuzz Sat 11-Aug-18 12:24:00

I’ve come to the conclusion that I am very boring

I have 4 DC who I pretty much gave up my life to have (had my first very young) and they’re basically all I have
I have no hobbies, interests, don’t have many friends and don’t actually do anything

I want to change this but I’m not sure how

Why are the most interesting people you know actually interesting?
Also what hobbies and interests do you all have?
Basically what do you all do?

blush

violetgrey Sat 11-Aug-18 14:46:08

The interesting people I know have passion for things. Either for their work or their hobbies.

I love art and music, I go to see exhibitions and concerts. I also like reading and hiking so try to do those as well. My friend is really into health and food so does a lot of experimenting in her kitchen with new recipes, food combinations.

If you are not sure what you would like to do, just keep trying different things until you find what you like. What kind of things are you interested in but didn’t have a chance to pursue?

Beechview Sat 11-Aug-18 15:02:14

All the interesting people I know like to go to interesting or fun place like day trips, exhibitions, theatre, bowling, ice skating. It doesn’t really matter where it’s just great that there’s so much variety.
That’s interesting to me because that’s what I like doing.
They’re also informed about current affairs and popular culture. Not to any academic level but enough to be able to discuss things and have intelligent conversation with.
I actually know only one person who has a hobby which is jewellery making. I don’t have any hobbies either (I do read and exercise), I just like exploring my world, big and small.

glintandglide Sat 11-Aug-18 15:03:27

From all over the world
Travelled all over the world
Have unusual jobs or hobbies

beingthere Sat 11-Aug-18 15:06:20

Passion as a pp said. Enthusiasm about that passion and an interest in other people and their passions. All big readers as it happens, interested in the world.

StopPOP Sat 11-Aug-18 15:14:51

My best friend is the most interesting person I know and we can yak for hours on end. I used to be an actor and he still is one. We both love musicals especially and all theatre generally. That's a good bulk of our conversation and it's never boring

GreenRut Sat 11-Aug-18 15:17:48

For me it's people that have stories to tell, I just love listening and being nosy, frankly, into lives the are different to mine. For this reason the new AMA section is my dream!

topcat2014 Sat 11-Aug-18 15:17:57

All the interesting people I know have little or no interest in shopping for stuff..

SenecaFalls Sat 11-Aug-18 15:19:19

The most interesting people I know are very funny. The combination of high intellect and sense of humor is irresistible to me.

MrsMarigold Sat 11-Aug-18 15:20:52

My most interesting friend has a great turn of phrase and is a great raconteur, she sounds like she is a crashing snob but is actually a thoroughly good egg.

Lynne1Cat Sat 11-Aug-18 15:26:33

Like you, I spent all my time on bringing up my children and in running the home.(2 sons now in their 30s). I had them in my early 20s and stayed at home until the 2nd son was 15!

I then went back to work (I'd taken a college course for a year) and I learned to drive.

After that, I made a couple of friends from work and occasionally met up with them for coffee.

For the last 10 years (I'm 59 now), I've been going to Zumba and aerobics, 3 or 4 times a week (I got a leisure centre membership), and I meet one friend for those classes. I eat out a couple of times a week with hubby and sons. I see my grandchildren fortnightly and go to places with them. I even learned to swim.

I changed jobs, and I'm now the Manager of 2 separate day centres for elderly people, so I meet others (elderly and the staff I employ, as well as entertainers for the group)and have a certain amount of responsibility. I haven't really got hobbies, but I do something every day apart from Saturday, which is my day to faff about and relax.

OrdinaryGirl Sat 11-Aug-18 15:26:37

Curiosity is what I reckon makes people interesting. An enquiring mind, coupled with a desire to always be growing and learning about people & the world means that you'll always be good value to talk to.

PrincessoftheSea Sat 11-Aug-18 15:26:53

The interesting people I know are active and like to experience, travel and explore things. They have opinions about things and I can learn from them. Many have interesting jobs.The least interesting people I know are people who don’t do much and just sit at home and watch tv.

Ginslinger Sat 11-Aug-18 15:31:02

people who are interested in other people

vivalafrida Sat 11-Aug-18 15:34:30

People who are open minded.
Ask more questions than make statements.
Are a bit naughty.
Read a lot.

MissTulipan Sat 11-Aug-18 15:40:31

The most interesting people I know are confident and charismatic, they have travelled and have interesting jobs.

Hobbies, I love going out and doing cultural things, theatre, galleries, city walks, nice restaurants. I like to be busy and like to walk. My job is interesting and I interact with different people all the time so I am confident. I feel confidence and being able to relate well to different types of people to be my best assets. I am interested in fashion, music, reading and I like writing poems. I’m always well groomed, I enjoy looking good.

If I had time I would dance, do more aerobic dance type exercise and read more. As others have said, people who challenge themselves, have enquiring minds, have travelled and are keen to learn are the most interesting IMO.

popocatepetals Sat 11-Aug-18 15:45:15

The most interesting person I know is forever coming up with things he's done, or have happened to him. He's getting on a bit, and has some extraordinary tales.

I've known him several years and the other day he made a throwaway remark about aching feet. I said mine too, and he said yeah, but his aches from where he got shot in it.

shock Eh?

lurkingfromhome Sat 11-Aug-18 20:58:15

I find people interesting when they are curious about the world - so they read, take an interest in what’s going on, form opinions, like finding things out and broadening their horizons, go and see things, know stuff about stuff - might be stuff I have no interest in myself but people are intrinsically interesting when they have a passion.

The most boring people I know have just no curiosity about anything and just sleepwalk their way through life not actually caring enough about anything to devote any thought to it.

MusicMammaMia Sat 11-Aug-18 21:04:54

Interesting people grow in various ways.

I think a lot depends on your own interests.

Helmlover Sat 11-Aug-18 21:39:02

People who are good at story telling. You could have the most mundane job, no hobbies and a generally boring life, however if you are a good story teller I would find you interesting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: