Talk

Advanced search

What are you up to thread....

(23 Posts)
treedragon Sat 11-Aug-18 11:29:24

So what is everyone's plans for today?

Not so blisteringly hot and sunny so who is heading to a beach?

Me - I am still bumming around in bed (should I feel embarassed). Now thinking about lunch - probably sandwiches and some root vegetable crisps!

Storm4star Sat 11-Aug-18 11:51:32

I am also lounging on my bed so you don’t need to feel bad! In fact i’m debating napping for an hour before getting up! I bought some lovely new bedside cabinets which came yesterday so going to put them in my room today and tidy up. Not that exciting!

ParkheadParadise Sat 11-Aug-18 11:59:45

I've been up since 7 with dd.
Already been to the park. I'm now online shopping😊. Dd is in the garden sitting in the flower beds.
DH is away to the football. Hopefully she will have a long nap this afternoon.

BillyAndTheSillies Sat 11-Aug-18 12:01:30

Waiting for 12:15 to head out and meet some friends.
DH took DS out at 8:30 this morning and I've had a lovely calm morning getting ready to go out, a bit of cleaning and some laundry.

userofthiswebsite Sat 11-Aug-18 12:04:09

Doing the cleaning, although clearly not right now :-)

Hair appt later today.

WickerHippo Sat 11-Aug-18 12:04:56

My family have all come to visit our newborn, so going out for a meal with everyone for their last day. Then we’re getting back and going for a walk on the beach and have supper there.

Faster Sat 11-Aug-18 12:05:32

Ds is napping. I’m ignoring the housework.
Going to meet a friend for a pint later, then off to a food festival in the city centre.

ParkheadParadise Sat 11-Aug-18 12:09:15

Congratulations WickerHippo

treedragon Sat 11-Aug-18 12:09:33

The house is a mess because the kitchen is being redecorated. Seems doing any kitchen related renovation seems to mess the entire house up as you have to move stuff to other rooms.

Also work didn't go to plan yesterday so now a day behind so mess will be here all weekend until end of Monday!

AlbertaSimmons Sat 11-Aug-18 12:13:26

MNing while waiting for my highlights to take at the hairdressers.

treedragon Sat 11-Aug-18 12:15:26

I had made a plan in my mind to go to a small vegan food festival. Had it on the calendar for over a month. Today arrives and I think "nahhh can't be arsed".

Does anyone else do that here? Have intentions of plans and then succumbs to "can't be arsed after all"?

IncrediblySturdyPyjamas Sat 11-Aug-18 12:15:48

Cooking veggie noodles for lunch.
Taking the OH to the footie.
Going to my favourite garden nursery to buy some infil plants and have some coffee and cake. Of course.
Then off to the allotment to dig up more potatoes, rake some more of it flat and then back home to sit down for a bit.

Strawberrymelon Sat 11-Aug-18 12:15:52

Watching Disney movies with ds going shopping later.

WickerHippo Sat 11-Aug-18 12:16:58

Thank you Paradise!

WickerHippo Sat 11-Aug-18 12:17:34

And yes dragon, we always have fun stuff planned for DC, and end up spending the day in the garden instead!

IncrediblySturdyPyjamas Sat 11-Aug-18 12:18:20

Currently though am looking at my socks thinking 'not you again'.

Worse thing about this summer is the trial of putting socks on every day to go to the allotment.

BlooBagoo Sat 11-Aug-18 12:36:15

Meant to be packing to go visit family for a birthday. Sitting on the sofa watching Wuthering Heights and reading MN instead. blush

Itchytights Sat 11-Aug-18 12:38:47

Cleaning ironing and sorting out old clothes for e baying.
Then we will head to the lake next to us for a walk later.

Crunchymum Sat 11-Aug-18 12:40:05

Have been up since 7am. House is a shit tip and I'm not even going to tackle the kids room until they go back to school.

MIL popped in as she is away now for a few weeks, me and baby nipped out to bank and collect a few bits from Argos.

DP is taking the 5yo and 3yo for the afternoon and I'm going to have a nap with the baby.

Not cooking later so either DO cooks or he arranges dinner.

BBTHREE76 Sat 11-Aug-18 12:42:05

On holiday with family, but it’s pouring down confused
So... going to see Antman and the wasp

lapenguin Sat 11-Aug-18 12:46:31

Listening to DP try to get DS down for a nap while he also watches the football on his phone
Dp: say boo because they scored
Ds: boooooooo

Eminybob Sat 11-Aug-18 12:51:44

Nothing, lying on the sofa feeling like crap. Had about 3 hours sleep last night, I have a stomach ache that has not gone away for the last week. I was out last night for a party and feel like I have a hangover but I was drink alcohol free beer as I’m pregnant so obviously don’t have a hangover but tiredness and poorlyness feel like it.

I feel so guilty on poor ds who is (albeit quite happily) playing on the tablet instead of enjoying the sunshine outdoors.

bigfishlittlefishtupperwarebox Sat 11-Aug-18 12:54:22

I'm going to a works leaving do later so just had a shower and done my hair while DD has a nap. Playing at home/garden this afternoon then trying to get ready with her in tow (jus turned 2 and v clingy) until DH arrives home from cricket to take me up town.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: