Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Infection after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
JackReacherReader Sat 11-Aug-18 02:31:33

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

I had a miscarriage last weekend, it mainly happened on Monday. Bleeding stopped by Tuesday afternoon. We've gone on holiday to see my in laws this weekend, so out of my area for out of hours.

I went for a bath earlier and noticed a fucking repulsive smell, it smells kind of irony? Like lochia. It's disgusting. Also copious amounts of brown discharge, kinda stringy and I definitely passed some brown tissue when I went for a pee.

Does this mean I have an infection? My last miscarriage went on for way longer but was lighter if that makes sense? I have a bit of discomfort under my belly button really low down. Kind of twinges. I've had a negative test so I know it's over.

My question is, how do I access out of hours support out of area? Is 111? Is it worth ringing 111 for an appointment ASAP or can this wait until Monday? My temperature is 37.8 so not high

JackReacherReader Sat 11-Aug-18 14:08:23

Anyone?

Happyshinypeople Sat 11-Aug-18 16:24:56

Call 111 and get their advice definitely. The smell and pain does sound like an infection so best to get it checked sooner rather than later. Sorry you are going through this.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: