Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Sleeping advice

(10 Posts)
traceyturnblatt Fri 10-Aug-18 20:32:02

My DS2 has been a difficult baby to settle to sleep, ever since he was younger with horrific colic he's taken a while to relax and nod off.

He's now 15 months and still sleeps in my room. The plan would be to move him into his brothers room (he's 3) but I'm worried that it'll unsettle him again. DS1 can sleep through a thunderstorm and also snores like one too!

Now he takes about 20 mins to settle, he's a fidget and can throw his dummy away and I'm worried it'll unsettle his brother too!

What do I do? Trial it? Keep him in my room until he's in high school (joke!)

Has anyone else had similar experiences with this?

Mums4lyfe Fri 10-Aug-18 20:37:04

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

traceyturnblatt Fri 10-Aug-18 20:45:50

@Mums4lyfe hmm don't think alcohol is an option here hmm

Mums4lyfe Fri 10-Aug-18 20:52:59

Hmm what about sleeping restraints?

Singlenotsingle Fri 10-Aug-18 20:59:20

Other spirits are available, Tracey

traceyturnblatt Fri 10-Aug-18 21:01:28

@Singlenotsingle  true but I don't share my gin with anyone!

@Mums4lyfe sleeping restraints? Going to have to go with a resounding no on that one too. Cheers for the advice though 🙄

traceyturnblatt Fri 10-Aug-18 21:01:59

@Singlenotsingle gringrin

traceyturnblatt Fri 10-Aug-18 21:36:42

@MNHQ glad to see it's not just me that thought it was weird!

Idontbelieveinthemoon Fri 10-Aug-18 21:40:16

What on earth is a sleeping restraint? I daren't google because last time I googled a phrase from on here a picture of a hairy anus came up and I was almost sick on my own head.

OP, is it possible to play white noise/quiet audiobooks to sort of muffle the sounds at all? DS2 has a cd player in his room and usually falls asleep to an audiobook; it's just enough to muffle the sounds of the rest of the house because he's such a light sleeper that if a pigeon farts 3 miles away he's wide awake for hours after.

traceyturnblatt Sat 11-Aug-18 06:08:33

@Idontbelieveinthemoon DS2 has one of those myhummy toys that sometimes seems to settle him and sometimes gets thrown out of the cot!

I'm hoping sleeping restraints are bands you use to tie people to beds- I'm not sure but I'm going to avoid them anyway!(don't google just in case! I don't want you to throw up again!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: