Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

can I tell you all....

(38 Posts)
NoFucksImAQueen Fri 10-Aug-18 20:16:54

..that I got my results back from access to nursing course and I got 30 distinctions and 12 merits. I only needed 15 distinctions and 15 merits to get in to my top choice.
I could have got into midwifery with my grades! don't get me wrong I don't want to be a midwife BUT I COULD BE BECAUSE I HAVE THE GRADES!!!
I feel so proud. 3 young kids, 3 dogs and a husband that works long hours but I managed it.
sorry, I had to tell someone because I'm so excited and I don't want to brag to my coursemates because a lot of them are disappointed with their results

TheChippendenSpook Fri 10-Aug-18 20:18:35

Well done you! What an amazing achievement. So you should be very proud of yourself. smile

nicslackey Fri 10-Aug-18 20:19:19

Very well done. Very pleased for you. Good luck for the future!!

Jenala Fri 10-Aug-18 20:19:41

Well done!!!

wisewomanmummy Fri 10-Aug-18 20:20:27

Well done, that is fantastic! 💐

Knittedfairies Fri 10-Aug-18 20:21:35

Congratulations!

DramaAlpaca Fri 10-Aug-18 20:21:42

Well done you! star

PinkBuffalo Fri 10-Aug-18 20:21:59

Well done! smile

concretesieve Fri 10-Aug-18 20:22:25

Well done ! flowers

Pigletthedog Fri 10-Aug-18 20:25:36

Congratulations OP!! ginwinethanksstarcake

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 10-Aug-18 20:30:02

thanks guys 😁flowers

peppersprayfirstapologiselater Fri 10-Aug-18 20:30:59

Fantastic there's no better feeling!!!
Well done 👍🏼

GreasyHairDoNotCare Fri 10-Aug-18 20:31:45

Well done OP! thanks

Sorry to jump on your thread OP, but I'm starting my access to nursing in September and wondering if you have any tips or advice about the course?

RandomMess Fri 10-Aug-18 20:31:57

Congratulations!!!

CasualDress Fri 10-Aug-18 20:32:17

well done and congratulations flowersstar
I hope you enjoy the course.

ranoutofquinoaandprosecco Fri 10-Aug-18 20:32:44

Fabulous, well done thanks

someworksomeplay Fri 10-Aug-18 20:35:30

Awesome!

GrumpyCatIsMySpiritAnimal Fri 10-Aug-18 20:37:37

Congratulations! flowers

Hassled Fri 10-Aug-18 20:48:20

That's amazing - you must be so proud of yourself! Hope you get to do some serious celebrating.

Pashazade Fri 10-Aug-18 21:14:19

Brilliant OP well done. A massive achievement and now you really can choose what to do! thanks

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 10-Aug-18 21:46:18

of course greasy!
It's a very intense course, far more than I thought it would be. They start off slow while you learn a bit and you seem to have 1 assignment then none for a while then another one and a big gap etc. Towards the end though, (Feb/March onwards) it's like they chuck them at you and you have 2 or 3 on the go at once and once one is handed in another is set so i would say make sure you plan childfree time for those assignments towards the end and expect that you may miss your kids and the weekends for a while.
My mum was amazing and took them out for me on Saturdays and dh was off Sundays. If I struggled with something I'd look up videos on YouTube and then cross reference them to make sure the information was correct but for me watching someone explain it or draw it out often helped me visualise it in a way that reading it in a textbook couldn't. Khan acamdamy is a really good website with videos for biology.
You work on your personal statement and uni applications straight away which shocked me but it rolls around quick. I interviewed at nottingham derby and Lincoln. I withdrew from Sheffield and Leicester but know lots of people who didn't so on the off chance any of those uni's are on your choice list I can give you an overview on the interview process.
I'm not sure how much the course varies by area but for us it was 70% biology and the rest split between psychology sociology, health promotion, study skills and maths in a nursing context.
Lots of people I know used citethisforme.com when it came to referencing.
This book covered pretty much everything we did in bio but the library had a fair few copies so I wouldn't bother buying it https://www.amazon.co.uk/Collins-Advanced-Science-Human-Biology/dp/0007267517.
I joined helpful peeps during my course and met a few people who were either already nurses, at uni or on the same course as me who helped me with study sessions. It's a great website and worth joining.
Id also say give yourself a few days on an assignment. I know some people work better doing it all in one go but for me I found I tweaked it so much looking at it the next day with fresh eyes and I spotted lots of mistakes too.
lastly, it's normal to feel like you're drowning sooooo many people said that and at times I wondered if I should quit. Not saying this to scare you more reassure you that it does get overwhelming but it's worth it so hang in there and good luck!
I'm sure there's loads more but my mind is blank. if you have any questions fire away

Sweetsongbird1 Fri 10-Aug-18 21:47:36

Brilliant !! Well done 🌟🌟🌟

NoFucksImAQueen Fri 10-Aug-18 21:48:01

I did put paragraphs in there I swear but they seem to have gone

ScreamingValenta Fri 10-Aug-18 21:48:19

Fabulous results star star star

thisonebreath Fri 10-Aug-18 21:49:09

Congratulations. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: