Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

How late can we leave it to try and sell a ticket to Reading Festival?

(14 Posts)
tinstar Fri 10-Aug-18 20:15:35

DS has one but may not be able to go. He won't know until Monday 20th. The festival starts on Thursday 24th. Anyone got any experience/hot dcs with experience of offloading festival tickets close to the event?

tinstar Fri 10-Aug-18 20:16:09

'got' dcs.

appleoftheluck Fri 10-Aug-18 20:21:15

I quite often buy tickets the day before festivals and gigs. I look for posts on the event page where people are selling or I have the twickets app on my phone. Hopefully you should be able to sell them but probably won't get full price for them unless it's sold out.

tinstar Fri 10-Aug-18 20:28:17

Thanks apple. It's sold out now I think. He paid £210 for it and would be happy just to get some of that back. He doesn't want to sell it now in case it turns out he can go. But equally doesn't want to wait until a day or two before and not be able to shift it at all.

appleoftheluck Fri 10-Aug-18 20:33:29

If it's sold out I'm sure you will be able to sell it. You get lots of last minute people like me who might decide to go at the weekend.

tinstar Fri 10-Aug-18 20:47:09

Actually, it's just the Saturday and the weekend tickets that are sold out. Friday and Sunday tickets are still available confused

Sweetdisposition91 Sat 11-Aug-18 14:10:20

I put my weekend reading ticket up on gumtree yesterday and was inundated with calls texts and emails from the second I posted it. I sold it within the hour for £320 - £100 more than I paid for it as they’re now sold out online.

tinstar Sat 11-Aug-18 15:03:33

Wow that's really useful to know - thank you!!

tinstar Sat 11-Aug-18 15:03:33

Wow that's really useful to know - thank you!!

Sweetdisposition91 Sat 11-Aug-18 17:11:34

Advertise it for £320 then see if people offer you higher! I originally put mine up for £240 but people were getting into a bidding war over the phone with me it was crazy lol my brother is selling his and has been offered £350 too.

BalthazarImpresario Sat 11-Aug-18 18:17:33

If you want to be a tout (aka vile people ruining the live music experience for genuine fans just to make a quick buck) then yeah try and sell it for more than face value.

InBlackwaterWoods Sat 11-Aug-18 18:21:28

We're selling 2 tickets to Runrig at Stirling next week (kids aren't going). We've tried Facebook, forgot about Gumtree! Thanks for that!

Sweetdisposition91 Sat 11-Aug-18 20:45:39

It wasn’t my intention to make money but people were offering me higher prices to get the ticket, who would refuse?! I don’t know these people so of course I would be stupid to not take the highest offer.

tinstar Sun 12-Aug-18 00:40:54

Balthazar - a ticket tout is someone who buys lots of tickets for an event with the intention of selling them on at a profit. Not someone selling on a ticket which they had intended to use themselves.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: