Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What is your perfect moment?

(33 Posts)
Ihatexbox Fri 10-Aug-18 18:28:27

I don't mean sentimental moments like first meeting your partner or holding your child for the first time.
I mean those moments throughout the year when time almost seems to stand still for a bit while you totally enjoy being in "that moment" eg a cup of tea watching a beautiful early morning sunrise, a sunny evening on the beach eating fish and chips or a big mug of coffee and a good book while curled up on a sofa in front of a roaring fire while it's raining outside.
Oh and how often do you make the time for your perfect moment?

ScreamingValenta Fri 10-Aug-18 18:30:09

Swimming in the sea, and looking at the cliffs in the sunshine. Only usually get to do this a couple of times a year, but I always have that 'perfect moment' feeling when I do so.

Strokethefurrywall Fri 10-Aug-18 18:35:49

Usually running at 5am next to the beach as the sun comes up - breathtaking, awe inspiring and makes me feel grateful, humbled and filled with joy until my fingers and toes tingle.

The Friday evening feeling, the kids are behaving, the movie is ready, the wine is cracked and there's a mountain of cheese, crackers and chocolate at the ready.

So many more - I have perfect moments at least once a week, if not more.

Scribblegirl Fri 10-Aug-18 18:39:16

I had one the other week. Sitting in a pub garden with DH, not talking about anything in particular, a week off just beginning, glorious sunshine and the possibility that anything could happen (in a good way).

I tend to swing between despair and elation quite a bit. The lows can be exhausting but means I’m lucky enough to get quite a few moments where I feel like things are perfect.

vivalafrida Fri 10-Aug-18 18:42:54

Yoga class. It's in a village hall with floor to ceiling glass sliding doors that looks out over a beautiful hillside. We open the windows so we are practising while watching the sun go down and listening to the sheep. It's blissful.

vampirethriller Fri 10-Aug-18 18:49:21

When the elderflower is out, in the evening as the sun is almost set. Reminds me of being little and free.

thecatneuterer Fri 10-Aug-18 18:54:51

Dancing. Those times when my body seems to do exactly what it should, without consciously thinking about it. When my dance partner suits me (dance style wise) everything becomes a perfect fusion of movement and music. It's a high better than I can get through any other means.

cptartapp Fri 10-Aug-18 19:09:16

Sitting outside of an evening on holiday abroad, having a meal with DH and DC, a few glasses of wine and watching the world go by.

blinkineckmum Fri 10-Aug-18 19:11:33

Swimming in the sea.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 10-Aug-18 19:17:00

Every morning my tiny doggie notices I’m awake, yawns and rolls over exposing her tummy for a rub. She blinks at me with her nut brown eyes and sniffs me.
Her face literally says ‘what adventures are we having today Mummy’? (She’s basically my Hobbes if you’re into Calvin and Hobbes)

WisestIsShe Fri 10-Aug-18 19:20:56

Very, very occasionally when dh and I are alone first thing in the morning and the resulting sex is fabulous. (It's good the rest of the time but our best times seem to be on these occasions)

Foxyloxy1plus1 Fri 10-Aug-18 19:27:51

Sailing down the Grand Canal into Veniceat sunrise
Sitting in the Royal Albert Hall, listening to the orchestra and watching amazing dancers perform the Nutcracker.
The feeling you get after an exercise class, when you’ve really gone for it and your body seems to do what you want.

LazyDoll Fri 10-Aug-18 19:28:48

Outdoor yoga.

The run where everything goes perfectly and I see something special like a bird formation or a beautiful sky.

Finishing all my jobs on my 'to do list' and sitting down with a 'posh' coffee and a chapter of a good book as a reward.

Seeing my children playing happily together in our local stream and hearing them hatching a plot to catch a big fish.

Winter Friday nights- pizza and disco night - complete with multicoloured disco ball.

So many. Life is full of tiny perfect pleasures if you look hard enough smile

LazyDoll Fri 10-Aug-18 19:30:12

vivalafrieda your yoga class location sounds amazing

ColinsVeryJolly Fri 10-Aug-18 19:31:59

We haven’t had a holiday for years so PIL paid for us to have a night in a b & b in Llandudno in June.

We sat here eating fish n chips from the best chippy in the world as the day came to an end.

I felt such peace and could have stayed sitting there forever watching the world go by.

CocoaGin70 Fri 10-Aug-18 19:32:34

We're lucky enough to live near the Malverns, and we walked up British Camp the other evening at sunset. It was a magical evening, you could see for miles and the last bursts of sunlight made all the grass look like gold.

If there is a heaven, that felt pretty close.

HippyChickMama Fri 10-Aug-18 19:39:53

Driving through the mountains in Snowdonia

Being inside watching a film with dh and the dc when it is pouring down with rain outside

Getting into a freshly changed bed after a shower

That content feeling after Sunday lunch and a glass of wine

Mumofanarchy Fri 10-Aug-18 20:13:12

Mine was seeing the foo fighters in Manchester! My head on DP’s shoulder, the sun setting and my favourite band ever serenading us. Just utterly bloody amazing!

Foslady Fri 10-Aug-18 20:22:39

Sat in an outdoor restaurant watching a perfect sunset on the 1st day of holiday the other year........and hearing cool down music at the afternoon foam party with a cocktail in my hand hearing the waves crash onto the shore.....

Can you tell I haven’t been able to get away this year sad

cheesefield Fri 10-Aug-18 20:25:35

Right now. We went for a speed-curry in time to get back for the first footy of the season. Now we're stuffed, on the recliner sofa in front of the game sharing a beer with the cat.

cheesefield Fri 10-Aug-18 20:26:24

We're sharing a beer. Cat is with us but not having a beer. I didn't word that well.

CaoNiMa Fri 10-Aug-18 20:40:26

Waiting at the station for long-distance DP on a Friday evening, knowing we have the whole weekend ahead of us!

sirmione16 Fri 10-Aug-18 20:41:58

Sat by a wall that's a whole glass window and tall ceilings on holiday, it was absolutely chucking it down. Heavy rain and storm. With a book. One of my favourite moments ever - I wanted to absorb it

Omgineedanamechange Fri 10-Aug-18 20:48:47

The first morning on holiday, when we go down to the pool, and flop on a sun lounger. Then, as the day heats up, sliding into the lovely cool water, and just floating around watching the world go by.

ReevaDiva Fri 10-Aug-18 20:52:25

I often walk up through the farm next to me house. There's one specific giant tree that fascinates me, I don't know why. I feel it must have watched over everything that's happened in this town, ever.

Each time I pass, I stand with my hand on the trunk for a minute, and just empty my mind of the daily crap. I breathe, then I do the rest of my route, completely peacefully.

I'm so grateful for that little bit of my life.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: