Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

Child free night in by myself

(16 Posts)
Chillyegg Fri 10-Aug-18 17:33:23

So I have a dvd
Some wine
Some Diet Coke
Chocolate
A face mask
I’ve done a mani-pedi
And I’m going to order a Chinese.
Crucially what should I order from the Chinese. Is there anyway else I could enhance my evening...I live by the beach so I could go for a walk 🧐🤔

itsBritneyBeach Fri 10-Aug-18 17:35:49

Sod the walk! Sit in your pants or PJs and binge watch whatever the hell you want on the telly!

From the Chinese I recommend:

Salt and Pepper chips
Salt and pepper chicken
Chilli king prawns
Crispy shredded beef
Curry sauce
Spring rolls.

Washed down with a Fanta or lemonade! I'm so jealous grin sounds a lovely night. Enjoy wine

LockedOutOfMN Fri 10-Aug-18 17:38:02

I'd get sushi.

And probably a bag of crisps too. And a trashy magazine?

Have a lovely evening, OP!

FlaviaAlbia Fri 10-Aug-18 17:38:42

Get spring rolls or prawn toast and rejoice in not having to share them.

Then I'd lie on the floor and do carpet angels while appreciating not being climbed over. After that I'd listen to catch-up on the radio and then turn it off and bask in the silence grin

Cheesymonster Fri 10-Aug-18 17:38:58

Chow mien
Kung Po prawns
Crispy duck and pancakes

Get stuck into a box set. I recommend Good Girls on Netflix.

Have a fab night!

poppyseeeds Fri 10-Aug-18 17:39:25

Sounds perfect, I'd definitely be opting for prawn toast and ribs smile

kaytee87 Fri 10-Aug-18 17:42:47

Oh I'm so jealous op. We've not long arrived back (after 7.5 hours on the road) from a weeks glamping with our toddler, I have a cold and feel utterly exhausted!
Long, hot bubble bath? That's what I'm doing when the wee ones in bed but he's bouncing off the walls at the moment after sleeping half of the journey home.

Chillyegg Fri 10-Aug-18 17:43:05

Oooo basking in the silence is a good one 🤔
What is silence again?

I might go get icecream and enjoy eating it all and not just having one lick and then having to share it with a 3 year old.

ImAGoofyGoober Fri 10-Aug-18 17:43:12

Egg fried rice, salt and pepper chicken, curry sauce and chicken satay to start. Prawn crackers too obvs.

I’d go for a walk too!

Chillyegg Fri 10-Aug-18 17:46:41

My daughter is at her dads usually when I’m
Child free i see my friends or my boyfriend but he’s on a pre planned trip to Croatia. My friends are all busy tonight so I thought I’d make the most of this and bask in some me time!
Sunday I’ll be taking my 3 year old to a soft play party and then back to her dads for the night because she has a wedding then pick her up the day after the wedding . I’m looking forward to the end of the summer holidays and being back at work

Chillyegg Fri 10-Aug-18 17:47:36

The 6 week holidays are busier than normal term time Life

itsBritneyBeach Sat 11-Aug-18 00:16:24

What did you end up doing OP?! Tell all grin

Seniorschoolmum Sat 11-Aug-18 00:27:31

I love this thread. I have 4 nights coming up, due to PGL trip so I’m taking notes. smile

Chillyegg Sat 11-Aug-18 07:11:48

Good morning 🙂
So I led a night full of unusual pleasures!
I ordered my takeaway without being terrified the takeaway man will wake up said Child by pounding on the door. Then as the takeaway without being interrupted or feeling guilty that I fed child broccoli and salmon and I’m eating a Chinese. Then I watched my dvd and tv programmes did a face mask all without a small child tantrumming because they want milk/water/story/wee. Then fell asleep in the sofa without a blanket and had a good undisterbed 8 hours sleep

itsBritneyBeach Sat 11-Aug-18 09:44:49

That sounds amaaaazing! What food did you have in the end?

FlaviaAlbia Sat 11-Aug-18 10:39:05

Sounds lovely! I took inspiration from you and encouraged DH to take the DC out for an hour. They got ice-cream and I got silence, it was bliss grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: