Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

What’s the most ridiculous thing that makes you want to kill your otherwise brilliant partner

(240 Posts)
Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:44:15

The most minor and petty wins

I’m happily married to a nice man. Whenever he parks the car he chooses the most ridiculous, difficult to negotiate, impossible spaces. I always end up having to slide out of a five inch gap in my door. He always does this 20 feet from a dozen empty rows
How have I not left him

Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:46:21

He also spends ages looking at menus, askis everyone else what they are eating, spends another age and, when the waiter arrives, still changes his mind twice.
Really, still married. How?

AnguaUberwaldIronfoundersson Fri 10-Aug-18 12:46:36

My husband is just perfect and wonderful but when he is looking for a space he thinks about the available space as he is driving passed it and then slows down quickly and berates himself for missing it.

Drives me up the bloody wall!!!

Lottapianos Fri 10-Aug-18 12:47:02

He clears his throat while eating and sometimes after. It makes me want to murder him slowly with pins

He leaves the cupboard doors open in the bathroom and kitchen

He sings all the frigging time, even 2 minutes after waking up

Take your pick!

aliceinchunderland1 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:47:08

My husband is an absolute joy in every way except when we sit down on the sofa for the evening and he starts picking his fucking feet. Actual chunks of his foot skin end up all over the floor. I hate hate hate it.

TheCountessofFitzdotterel Fri 10-Aug-18 12:47:20

He sneezes unreasonably loudly.

It's awful because it isn't something he can do anything about. I have managed to stop him making weird noises when he yawns but I am stuck with the sneezes.

Aprilshowersinaugust Fri 10-Aug-18 12:47:42

I need to remind him to feed our ddogs.
They are nearly 5 and we have had them since weeks old.

firsttimemamaa Fri 10-Aug-18 12:48:01

Mine breathes way too loud (I'm insanegrin)

MrsDc7 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:48:59

aliceinchunderland I nearly threw up my lunch reading that shock

IndianaMoleWoman Fri 10-Aug-18 12:49:14

He - I can barely bring myself to type this without exploding in irrational fury - opens crisp packets upside down. How can I be expected to live with such a monster?

BiscuitMachine Fri 10-Aug-18 12:50:09

Goes to wardrobe to get dressed, removes coat-hangers with shirt/trousers, gets dressed, leaves coat-hangers on bed. Arghhhhhhh! Why???? This seems extremely petty but for some reason drives me bonkers. He would say I am always leaving cupboard doors open, which I do (and it is worse). I still do it even though I’m always banging my head on them blush

trebleclef101 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:50:20

His inability to put shoes away. Seeing his shoes strewn around our flat gives me rage but kicking them across the room is really satisfying

aliceinchunderland1 Fri 10-Aug-18 12:50:49

MrsDc7 sorry!! blush

Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:51:02

The dogs one is familiar.

Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:51:35

The crisps thing is impossible

Greenteandchives Fri 10-Aug-18 12:52:02

Mine shouts at the tv all the way through the news. He has an opinion on everything.

Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:52:33

If he drives my car he turns the radio to absolute rock

Pagwatch Fri 10-Aug-18 12:54:53

I think the crisps one is winning but I’m drawn to the hangers on the bed one because there’s the self confessed doors thing

Pandoraslastchance Fri 10-Aug-18 12:55:21

My bloke sits down,takes one shoe and sock off then wanders around the house and eventually,hours later,will take the second ones off.

It has zero affect on me but honestly I'm gonna put him under the patio angry especially as the kids are starting to copy him

MaMisled Fri 10-Aug-18 12:57:11

My DH is close to perfect but will pile bits of rubbish on the worktop 3ins away from the bin.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Fri 10-Aug-18 12:57:30

Puts clothes on hangers the wrong way round. Drives me insane with rage.

I need to get out more.

TarquinGyrfalcon Fri 10-Aug-18 12:57:33

His belief that is is only necessary to wipe down kitchen work surfaces once a day.

In every other way he is very domesticated and great at housework but he genuinely can’t see the need to wipe down the kitchen work surfaces during the day.

I come home and can track his eating by sifting through the substrata of crumbs and debris.

CigarsofthePharoahs Fri 10-Aug-18 12:58:20

He's an amazing man who loves me and has been so supportive with my ill health. He's a great Dad too.
However he's so bloody messy! Can't put his shoes away or even leave them in a pair. Constantly searching for phone, keys wallet. I even bought him a smart key holder that he can use his phone to find. He still loses them.

Glitteryfrog Fri 10-Aug-18 12:58:51

He doesn't put the toothbrush or paste back in the cupboard.
Or pick up the bath mat and drape it over the edge of the bath.
Aaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrgh

TakeOffYourJudgyPants Fri 10-Aug-18 13:00:15

He leaves the front door open when he takes the dog for a walk. Not deliberately, he pushes it shut as he's walking out of it but it never quite shuts. ARGH it infuriates me.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: