Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

OK. Well this just genuinly scared the shit out of me...

(109 Posts)
ASpringerEspanya Fri 10-Aug-18 05:01:51

I dont know if it's because of my anxiety being high, the fact I have insomnia right now and it's 5am or if I am just a big baby but Daily Mail have an article about a doll called 'Momo' and it scared the life out of me.

I don't even want to add a link because I'll have to look at it again.

Urgh. It's horrible.

(Please don't add any photos of it on here. Genuinely freaked out) add links if need be soon don't click grin

AjasLipstick Fri 10-Aug-18 05:05:11

I don't understand why you'd grin about this OP....it's not "scary" it's a terrible fad which exposes teens and children to violent images and encourages suicide.

rosieandjimandduck Fri 10-Aug-18 05:12:03

Had a look for myself - that is so creepy! Things always look worse during the night and early hours of morning OP.

ASpringerEspanya Fri 10-Aug-18 05:12:18

What? I put a grinning face because I was saying i can't bear to look at it.

I didn't even read the article because the dil freaked me out so much.

How can you tell someone else that something isn't scary when they've told you it is to them?

I have no idea what the story is behind the thing. I was simply stating that I saw it and had to close the article and it DID scare me.

ASpringerEspanya Fri 10-Aug-18 05:12:47

Doll

Not dil

DoubleNegativePanda Fri 10-Aug-18 05:15:30

Is it the bat-looking one?

DoubleNegativePanda Fri 10-Aug-18 05:17:05

Whoa. Not the cute bat doll.

That thing is fucking terrifying.

ASpringerEspanya Fri 10-Aug-18 05:20:32

I know. I saw the thumbnail, clicked the artcle and actually jumped when i scrolled down on to the large photo blush

SimonBridges Fri 10-Aug-18 05:52:10

That’s been knocking around for years.

It’s just creepypasta like Slenderman.

LRB2017 Fri 10-Aug-18 05:54:53

Yes saw it the other day and is terrifying!! shock

Noeuf Fri 10-Aug-18 05:57:03

Years? It was a sculpture created in 2016.

SimonBridges Fri 10-Aug-18 05:59:15

Yes. That’s 2 years.

Hamiltoes Fri 10-Aug-18 06:13:17

Holy shit I am usually never freaked out by things like this but I just did a quick google and couldn't even click on the thumbnail... that is absolutely terrifying!!!

Iputthescrewinthetuna Fri 10-Aug-18 06:17:32

I really want to look, but Im too scared to after these comments.

PipLongStockings Fri 10-Aug-18 06:22:57

Agreed!! Totally shit the pants off me!

POPholditdown Fri 10-Aug-18 06:31:18

Ohh me too OP, I’m on a nightshift and sleep deprived. The worst thing is I couldn’t help but stare at it, even though it just got scarier!

I’d like to understand the story behind it but unfortunately I’m in the ‘too wimpy to read’ boat.

Pinkstars2501 Fri 10-Aug-18 06:32:08

Just saw this story before coming here. That doll is terrifying! I clicked the thumb nail, and the large image is now burned on my retina for the rest of the day. Dolls creep me out generally anyway, but that one is fucking horrible.

Buggeritimgettingup Fri 10-Aug-18 06:49:46

The independent give a good summary but I won't link as it does contain the Image., basically linked to one suicide, it seems that the original case was either invented or existed in an insignificant way, but that confusing reports led to fears about what was going on,.no denying creepy pasta stuff can be dangerous (like slenderman) but there's no evidence of this regarding momo apart from unsubstantiated tabloid reports.

Still fucking creepy picture though!

Hamandcheesebaguette Fri 10-Aug-18 06:52:30

That picture made me blood run cold.

I am a massive scaredy cat at the best of times though

Loopytiles Fri 10-Aug-18 06:52:51

YABU for reading DM shite.

Never going to click daily mail links or google for weird stuff: what is the doll (a sculpture), what does it look like and why is it deemed so creepy?

Loopytiles Fri 10-Aug-18 06:53:34

“Creepy pasta stuff can be dangerous”

grin

Notquiteagandt Fri 10-Aug-18 06:54:54

I used to collect creepy dolls as a child.

But even though seen it a few times now that freaks me out! Truely terrorfying.

I do worry about children today. What things are out there.

Jozxyqk Fri 10-Aug-18 06:57:28

What the hell kind of person would make that doll? It's utterly creepy.

Rhynswynd Fri 10-Aug-18 06:57:51

It is a freaky big eyed female ish torso with chicken legs. It is creepy looking. Apparently it is linked to a whatsapp game that kids are playing where they are sent horror images and given dares. One child has died.

I have summarised because I don't want to upset OP but google has lots of info.

Jozxyqk Fri 10-Aug-18 07:00:10

Think I'm going to have to hide this thread so it doesn't keep popping up & reminding me of that thing!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: