Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Why can’t the dog talk

(21 Posts)
PrincessAriel Thu 09-Aug-18 09:41:09

On watching The little mermaid for the third time this morning, I ponder why all the other animals can talk but Prince Erics dog Max can’t?

So what silly little things in kids movies cause you to lose sleep at night?

MsOliphant Thu 09-Aug-18 09:45:15

I couldn't deal with Finding Dory. I mean I can suspend a certain amount of disbelief for kid's films but not that much. They were in Australia. How the actual fuck are they then in California, and able to skip about on land for those lengths of time without just gasping and dying on the pavements?

MsOliphant Thu 09-Aug-18 09:46:41

Also how is Stuart Little able to speak at the same pitch and volume as the adults 😂

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Thu 09-Aug-18 10:18:24

Whatever you do, don't try and watch Bubble Guppies. There's so much wrong with that, my brain melts and runs out my ears every time I'm subjected to it.

PrincessAriel Thu 09-Aug-18 11:02:13

Ooo I’ve seen one bubble guppie episode and then it somehow disappeared of the kids fire blush

Watching the lion king now this is my frozen and I won’t accept criticism.

PrincessAriel Thu 09-Aug-18 11:02:46

Not seen finding dory might have to miss it out.

Yokatsu Thu 09-Aug-18 11:08:04

Oh dear dont go down that hole!

You'll end up wondering the same about pluto an goofy (why does Mickey own one and feoends with the other). Abd why does Donald walk around trousers-less but wrap himself in a towel coming out of the bath or shower?

(Because its a cartoon)

PrincessAriel Thu 09-Aug-18 11:10:50

Oddly @yokatsu those ones don’t bother me as much. But either all animals can talk in this “world” or they can’t....

Senac32 Thu 09-Aug-18 12:42:30

This dog can talk:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6TUSfU7nlc

Nagaram Thu 09-Aug-18 13:23:52

Loads of Spielberg films have actors with plain glass in their glasses frames. As well as annoying the hell out of me because it’s obvious they haven’t got a prescription, when the light catches them, you get a flat glare that means you don’t see their eyes.

Pemba Thu 09-Aug-18 13:29:21

In 'The Little Mermaid' Prince Eric's dog can't talk because ..... well because he's not a sea creature and lacks sea creature intelligence, obviously. See! Completely logical.

HappyPumpkin81 Thu 09-Aug-18 17:28:11

But the seagull talks!

KatnissK Thu 09-Aug-18 17:37:03

I love The Little Mermaid (it was, in fact, the first filmed I owned on video and was very proud of it) BUT why doesn't she just write her name down for Eric? In fact, write out the whole sorry tale? She can write - she signs her name beautifully on Ursula's contract. Incidentally, I used to identify most with the young, headstrong Ariel but I now definitely identify with the cynical and over-eating Ursula most!

ClemDanfango Thu 09-Aug-18 19:07:59

I always wonder why all the big animals on peppa pig can talk but the pet animals can’t.

twixsticks Thu 09-Aug-18 21:39:26

How can there be fires in Spongebob Squarepants when he lives under the sea?!

Tinkobell Fri 10-Aug-18 07:41:37

It would make vets jobs so much easier if the dog could talk. Ours died suddenly in Jan, apparently symptomless after visiting the vet 😟

KindergartenKop Fri 10-Aug-18 09:26:59

Bubble Guppies is weird but the songs are excellent. It's on Netflix.

Pondering1 Fri 10-Aug-18 11:59:24

OP - I always wondered about the sinister side to the lion king - all the different species of animals talk and have lovable personalities, singing and dancing together. But then surely the lions have to kill some of them to eat..... RIP Pumba!

MirriVan Fri 10-Aug-18 13:38:30

I used to think the same about Dogtanian. They were all dogs, who could talk. But they rode around on horses who couldn't.
What kind of weird society was that?!

PrincessAriel Fri 10-Aug-18 15:36:14

So I’ve watched the lion king twice today. That lovely science where Simba runs home to uplifting music, then Nala, Timon and pumba all appear next to him even tho he’d been running all night? How’s that work?!

Yup simbas as mum would so have been caught chewing on pumba.

Seafoodeatit Sat 11-Aug-18 14:39:40

Mickey mouse clubhouse has always been weird, pete the dog has a pet dog. Bubble guppies and spongbebob both have episodes with flooding, lets ignore the fact that spongebob can't swim.

In little mermaid I used to think she doesn't seem that fussed that they're eating stuffed crab...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: