Talk

Advanced search

How long after a closing date?

(7 Posts)
Neweternal Wed 08-Aug-18 10:31:20

I have applied for a funded place for a certain hobby. Funded as he is top in the country. Anyway closing date was last Friday. I need to book flights for start of November if he is going when should I hear and when is it acceptable to chase up?

AjasLipstick Wed 08-Aug-18 10:36:02

Who is "he"? Didn't the guidelines say when you'd hear?

Neweternal Wed 08-Aug-18 10:51:37

Sorry my son, it's for my son and no guidelines were given.

AjasLipstick Wed 08-Aug-18 11:14:40

Well, you've got until the start of November..I mean...it might take a month for them to get back to you I suppose. It's only August.

I would chase them up by the end of September. That would be reasonable but I expect you will hear from them before then.

Neweternal Wed 08-Aug-18 14:01:42

Thank you, just thought it would give me time to book cheap flights and give notice of holiday at work. The end of September is too late for that.

Neweternal Wed 08-Aug-18 14:03:08

I would be away for three week, I need to have notice. I'm a single parent with no back up and I require a visa!

AjasLipstick Fri 10-Aug-18 05:11:25

Well OP there's nothing you can do about it. It's not their responsibility to sort out your leave and get cheap flights....they're offering funded places for children which is quite enough.

I do understand you have concerns about it but you can't expect to hassle them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »