Talk

Advanced search

Threads started in this topic after 9th November 2018 will no longer be removed after 90 days. A new topic called 90 Days Only can be found in the Other Stuff category of Talk.

For the THIRD time, yes we still all fucking hate summer!

(968 Posts)
FurryDice Fri 27-Jul-18 19:16:50

But hurrah for rain! As I start this there are big thunderclaps and it’s absolutely PISSING IT DOWN! Hurrah hooray huzzah!

Welcome summer haters. You’ll get no one telling you off for whingeing here.

FurryDice Fri 27-Jul-18 19:18:57

Ah, I love the smell of petrichor in the evening ...

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jul-18 19:19:10

I have no rain. sad

I am too hot, everything is too hot.

Mogleflop Fri 27-Jul-18 19:20:47

<shakes cloud snacks temptingly> here rain rain rain, heeeeeere

formerbabe Fri 27-Jul-18 19:22:32

Some of the rooms in our house are now feeling cool...it's blissful.

LighthouseSouth Fri 27-Jul-18 19:24:14

O Captain, my Captain

thank you for steering us through this perilous course. I wouldn't have made it with a civil face on to the world if it wasn't for this thread!

shadypines Fri 27-Jul-18 19:27:06

You wait, ever since my PFB I've realised that evil Mother Nature knows when school hols have begun (every.single.term.) and it will proper piss down any time now.

moonandmountains Fri 27-Jul-18 19:28:00

No rain here yet (it tried to though)... So excited for tomorrow grin

ToothTrauma Fri 27-Jul-18 19:28:44

Yeah new thread! Thanks @FurryDice

<rain dance> Come ON, you bugger!

hugoagogo Fri 27-Jul-18 19:30:39

Watching the real time lightning thing obsessively now: where is my rain?

ChardonnaysPrettySister Fri 27-Jul-18 19:32:21

How lovely is that rain!

My house is still hot, but really hope temps will drop soon.

HemanOrSheRa Fri 27-Jul-18 19:34:53

We aren't getting proper rain here until Sunday sad. Maybe a few showers tomorrow which will be USELESS as it'll just make it steamier and even more horrid.

I cried last night because I thought my beloved Dyson Fan was broken. I shouted 'WHY AREN'T YOU BLOWING ON ME?' and sobbed. Then I realised I had it on the wrong setting blushgrin.

FurryDice Fri 27-Jul-18 19:35:57

Ooh a flash of lightning!

For those of you without rain, it’s coming, it has to be!

(Ha ha @Mogle’s cloud dreamies)

shadypines Fri 27-Jul-18 19:35:58

It's raining on the Abbey road crossing...……..woo hoo

SonggBird Fri 27-Jul-18 19:36:05

Thank you for third thread! waves sweaty hand at everyone

There's no rain here and it's still stifling in our flat but there's a weird change in the atmosphere, it's pretty exciting. Tomorrow is going to be the most amazing thing ever if those temps really do get that low! Can't wait.

MotherofPearl Fri 27-Jul-18 19:36:23

Reporting for duty. Thanks for the new thread Furry. Can't believe how fast the last one filled up. There has been A LOT of hot weather to hate.

Still no rain here, though it's clouded over thank God. So jealous to hear about everyone else's rain.

FurryDice Fri 27-Jul-18 19:37:01

Ffs! And my downstairs CUNT neighbour is out there smoking his weed and utterly RUINING the delicious smell of petrichor! Arsehole

mrscee Fri 27-Jul-18 19:40:22

We have rain on the south coast finally, it's very refreshing not sweating like a pig all the time.

FurryDice Fri 27-Jul-18 19:40:35

Wow, really pelting it down in cambridge. It feels cleansing

GummyGoddess Fri 27-Jul-18 19:43:03

I hope accuweather is correct, end of next week and a day the week after are hot and then it's low 20's 🤞

MotherofPearl Fri 27-Jul-18 19:43:28

I had to look up petrichor Furry - what a great word! And what a dick your neighbour is for spoiling it.

MarsBarsAreShrinking Fri 27-Jul-18 19:43:56

Same here @SonggBird, it's gone very odd here, I can't quite describe it, the sky has gone a strange pinky colour, the wind has picked up but it's still 28c and very close.

DeepfriedPizza Fri 27-Jul-18 19:43:58

Only a light drizzle here so far

dementedma Fri 27-Jul-18 19:46:16

but I don't want this cloud cover, tonight of all nights. i want to see the blood moon!!!!!

ReginasLeftFlangie Fri 27-Jul-18 19:48:55

wooo the next instalment of the people v summer. These threads have been brill, i cant believe how stupidly excited i am about the temps dropping tomorrow. Im sat here now looking like i just stepped out of the shower, damp skin and damp hair. I hate it 😩

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: