Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Night Owls Join Us For Chat, All Welcome

(384 Posts)
Mummylin Mon 23-Jul-18 19:14:29

Rushes to find the best position with most leaves to make it soft and cosy .

HerRoyalFattyness Mon 23-Jul-18 19:36:36

<settles in>

PinkHeart5914 Mon 23-Jul-18 19:38:37

Hello owls <<waves>>

Becca19962014 Mon 23-Jul-18 19:47:38

<<climbs out of pinks suitcase to grab a branch>>
<<raids fridge on way to hide behind sofa>>

Obviously I don't want to risk missing any cake <helpful> so I'll be hanging around the old thread as well. Just in case..

MummySparkle Mon 23-Jul-18 22:00:18

<arranges leaves> is like a shady branch with a breeze please!

As an aside, did you know that the colour of an owls eyes can tell you when they're most likely to hunt? Orange eyes can see fine in the day, but will do dusk / dawn. Yellow eyes are dusk dawn with nighttime. Pale eyes are pretty much exculsively night time hunters

BikeRunSki Mon 23-Jul-18 22:02:31

Ooh hello. Just cosying in, but i’ll be back when I am wide awake at 4 am.

MummySparkle Mon 23-Jul-18 22:07:30

Hi Bike!

Becca19962014 Mon 23-Jul-18 22:42:09

<<has eyes of all colours so can hunt cake all day and night>>

PinkHeart5914 Tue 24-Jul-18 15:22:46

Hello owls smile

It’s as hot today as it was yesterday a good 28/30c, I don’t normally mind the heat but this is horrible sticky heat. I am only wearing a bikini and still I feel like I am melting! DC have the paddling pool out and they’ve got shade umbrellas, they are happy when in the cool water. Baby owl is sitting next to me on the patio his got the fan in front of him, he loves it.

My friend is still staying with us, she has gone with mil today to one of the ladies groups she runs. Busy the mind and all that.

<<leaves out ice cream 🍦 🍦🍦🍦🍦>>

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Jul-18 15:35:38

<<munches ice cream>>

I hope pinkrabbit is nice and cool.

Been wierd here. Raining, but still hot sp not refreshing at all and now sun again!

MummySparkle Tue 24-Jul-18 21:42:47

So jealous of your rain! It's in the 30s again here and set to get even hotter. I am currently lying on top of my bed. DH is downstairs so I've put the fan on his side of the bed and it's blasting right at me.

So so so hot here. And it's only going to get hotter apparently shock DCs are at my mums tomorrow night. I'm going to find somewhere with decent air con and stay there all day!!!

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Jul-18 21:44:48

Honestly it's nothing to be jealous of. I woke up to the sound of traffic going through water and got all excited to then go out and find it was bloody hot! Not impressed at all. This afternoon as has been hot again. So we get some rain but it's not remotely refreshing at all.

Special mention to the idiots walking around in coats sweating like pigs though confused

SneakyGremlins Tue 24-Jul-18 21:46:34

Found you lot!

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Jul-18 23:14:18

I'm having some major technical problems tonight and I've no idea if this is the end of this device, I've no money to pay for another and I've no idea what my password here or on my email is. I'll try and send an email from my other account to those who have given me your email addresses but if it goes I won't have access possibly for a long time.

I've no idea what's wrong and am scared to turn it off in case it dies completely, I've no means to update tonight if that's the issue. So I'll try emailing if I can, but that might not work as it's an old email address which may not work anymore. I'll email it to you just in case.

I knew this was going to die soon, I've had it a couple of years, but I've no money to replace it. I know I'm missing at least one update on the iOS but don't know if the device will support the new update or if it will kill it, I know some devices it has killed sad so I'll email my other email address to those who have my current one and try and reset. If it will let me.

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Jul-18 23:23:27

It's ok for now but I'll need to look more closely at it tomorrow.

Fucking technology.

Becca19962014 Tue 24-Jul-18 23:41:47

Too much for me to look at right now so going to try to mottoes when I can get to wifi. Pissed off as after tomorrow Iwon't have wifi access at all. Why does it have to die now ffs.

I know my iOS is still at 9 and the current one is 11 but I don't know if my device will support 11 and besides everything has, so far, worked ok. Typical it would go now. I've already lost my favourite game now this.
Pmust go to bed as exhausted and been unwell today so need to get some good sleep desperately.

I suspect it either the update or it's the constantly running ads on MN that's done it as they're using all my devices memory up.

angry

I'll try and update tomorrow.

PinkHeart5914 Wed 25-Jul-18 16:34:17

Hello Owls smile Hope your all ok today.

Becca Hopefully your iPad will last much longer for you, I’ve always found Apple products to last years as long as they are looked after. They can get a bit slow over time but I’ve never had an Apple product actually stop working.

It’s still hot here today, I am melting once again even with just a bikini on. I do like the heat but I can’t even remeber the last time we had some rain here, my garden is brown now I mean what is Pinkrabbit meant to nibble on? Life’s tough when your a rabbit.

<<leaves out ice cream 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦>>

Becca19962014 Wed 25-Jul-18 17:36:21

<<munches ice cream>>

Hmm sounds like a shopping trip to buy some kale is needed for pinkrabbit!

Becca19962014 Wed 25-Jul-18 20:52:43

Can you get me some nice cake as well?

Another friend died last weekend.
Beginning to feel like some sort of curse sad

HerRoyalFattyness Wed 25-Jul-18 21:06:20

At work we had a ducks nest in the garden.
The ducklings hatched and mummy duck has been doing a very fine job of caring for them.
Then monday came and Mr magpie attacked a duckling, ripping its head from its body. The children were horrified.
So preschool staff decided to rescue (kidnap) the remaining 2 ducklings. They captured them in a box.
Mummy duck came back, saw her dead baby and no sign of the other 2. Was searching up and down for her babies before giving up and flying back to the river.
At this point the RSPCA phoned back and said we were to capture mummy duck.
Only mummy duck never came back, probably thinking all three ducklings were dead.
So a girl from 3s has taken them home and is raising them herself.
They are called Donald and Daisy (my idea)

Personally, i dont like their chances, but we shall see.

HerRoyalFattyness Wed 25-Jul-18 21:06:35

Here they are

Becca19962014 Wed 25-Jul-18 21:35:45

Awwwwww (again!)

MummySparkle Wed 25-Jul-18 22:26:53

Oh Fatty that's adorable and terrible all in one. Poor mummy duck sad My friend has ducks, she's had a boy for a while, but only got girls this spring. They're both sitting at the moment. We think ducklings are imminent from one (and the other one is probably just broody and copying!)

Very very hot here again today. I called up the Tribunal service about my PIP appeal today. There's apparently a 48 week wait at the moment. I've been waiting 9 so far and already it feels like forever. However, the guy on the phone did tell me that it is possible to apply for an urgent hearing. There's no guarantee, but given that I've been signed off work and generally been quite unwell then it's worth a go. I've got medical evidence to back all of that up too.

Oooh and I infused some raspberry gin for DS's teacher as an end of term gift. She's just asked me if she can buy some off me to give as a gift for a friend. I'm well chuffed grin

MummySparkle Wed 25-Jul-18 22:27:27

<<leaves out ice cream, cheesecake and G&Ts>>

Becca19962014 Wed 25-Jul-18 22:48:15

48 weeks?!? I know it was over a year here but I assumed that was because we're so rural and our court isn't in use every day..

Surely that says a lot about the numbers being turned down.

I'm so sorry sparkle

<<munches cheesecake and ice cream>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: