Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I know , I know but....Autumn.

(63 Posts)
LucilleBluth Thu 19-Jul-18 19:01:44

Just made a huge mac and cheese and a big pan of tomato soup...autumn staples if you will. I've been eating nothing but salad and the DCs have been living on leftover BBQ, cereal and fabs.

I know it's such a cliche but I am so looking forward to the end of summer. Imagine if you will, crunching leaves, bonfire night and me wafting around in reds and oranges like Ros from Frasier, complete with black tights and boots. Ahhhhhhhhh, lovely.

Katsu Thu 19-Jul-18 19:12:27

I love Autumn. I have a Pinterest board to get my fix blush

Srilli Thu 19-Jul-18 19:14:21

I absolutely love autumn too! Actually love being a bit cold, wearing big jumpers. Canโ€™t wait

DuggeesWoggle Thu 19-Jul-18 19:15:19

Yes although it's never quite as cold and crisp as we imagine is it. September can be quite warm and then October often ends up damp and humid.

If I wasn't pregnant I would be looking forward to curling up with a large glass of red and a collection of cheeses, chutneys and lovely deli meats while watching a scandi thriller set in a snowstorm.

RunMummyRun68 Thu 19-Jul-18 19:18:41

It will still be endless moaning on here....starting with spider season ( bigger than average expected this year apparently) ๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ•ท

Fluffypinkpyjamas Thu 19-Jul-18 19:21:51

I love Autumn. I have a Pinterest board to get my fix

Me too grin and Christmas blush

Singlenotsingle Thu 19-Jul-18 19:22:48

Love the summer, providing I'm sitting out in my back garden on the sun lounger (in the shade) glass in hand and books or newspaper to read. Bliss.

BexleyRae Thu 19-Jul-18 19:24:03

I'm longing for autumn, for a time when I can walk down the street without breaking into a sweat or needing to wrestle a toddler to get sun lotion on her

Rainhunter Thu 19-Jul-18 19:24:18

I had my first Christmas anxiety nightmare of the year, so it's nearly Autumn in my subconscious

SheGotBetteDavisEyes Thu 19-Jul-18 19:25:00

I adore Autumn grin. I like this thread.

Lweji Thu 19-Jul-18 19:25:29

Come to Portugal. It went from Spring to Autumn without anyone noticing Summer. hmm

Katsu Thu 19-Jul-18 19:26:34

@Fluffypinkpyjamas I also have a Christmas one too blush it gets me through these hot, sweaty summers! Not long now grin

TurquoiseButterfly19 Thu 19-Jul-18 19:28:19

Im bored of this weather now. Love autumn and winter. Candles, stodgy food, blankets, lighting the fire and the smell of coal burning in the air.

Forgettheworld Thu 19-Jul-18 19:28:21

I love Autumn too. These photos make me feel warm and fuzzy inside

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Thu 19-Jul-18 19:30:10

Oh God, it can't come quick enough for me. My favourite season.

Iamagreyhoundhearmeroar Thu 19-Jul-18 19:32:05

Beautiful, Forgettheworld ๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‚ - until the real thing arrives!

ClashCityRocker Thu 19-Jul-18 19:33:28

I'm not quite ready for summer to end yet (but I'm lucky that I work in an air conditioned office and have a relatively cool house plus we haven't had the worst of the heat - I know a lot of people have been struggling) but I do adore autumn.

I think I will be ready for it when it comes, mostly because it will feel as though we've actually had a summer this year.

delphguelph Thu 19-Jul-18 19:33:57

OMG i was thinking the same thing yesterday.

I cannot wait to wear jeans again.

BusySittingDown Thu 19-Jul-18 19:39:27

I love Autumn, I also love summer and Iโ€™ve been enjoying having such nice weather recently.

I love the colours of autumn, lighting candles and getting all cozy. Getting ready for Halloween and taking the kids out trick or treating and starting to think about Christmas.

The only time of the year I hate is January and February. Itโ€™s a time for being skint, freezing and miserable!

LucilleBluth Thu 19-Jul-18 19:41:33

Oooo, I'm off to Pinterest to create me an autumn board.

WhoKnowsWhereTheW1neGoes Thu 19-Jul-18 19:56:13

If you could combine the long days of June with the temperatures of September that would be perfect. I am sick of feeling sweaty every day, having to cover myself in suncream and having to wait till late evening to do things like gardening.

spiderlight Thu 19-Jul-18 20:00:02

My people!! I absolutely love Autumn. Feel dreadful in this hot weather - genuinely physically ill. I cannot wait for it to cool down and start feeling crisp and autumnal, even if it's just at night and very early in the mornings. Love it!

VickieCherry Thu 19-Jul-18 20:00:05

Love love love autumn. I also have a Pinterest board ๐Ÿ˜ I just discovered a washing basket full of clothes I clearly haven't needed for weeks - it was like discovering old friends. Cardigans! Socks! Jumpers! I miss the best half of my wardrobe.

Emma765 Thu 19-Jul-18 20:03:19

I adore autumn, and then christmas, and then I look forward to spring smile

tectonicplates Thu 19-Jul-18 20:05:43

I'm looking forward to the cooler temperatures, but not to the earlier sunsets.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now ยป

Already registered? Log in with: