Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Baby shower gifts for not first time parents

(7 Posts)
Blondie1984 Wed 11-Jul-18 23:11:01

I'm off to a baby shower this weekend for a pregnant couple who already have 1 little one - so already have quite a lot of stuff. Any ideas of what I could get - both for baby and mum?

Dontletthebastardsgrindyoudown Wed 11-Jul-18 23:28:44

Honestly it's all getting too much with presents for being pregnant and presents for baby being born.

Take some cotton wool balls/bibs/sippy cup/teether toy/baby wipes. Anything like that. A face mask and candle maybe for Mum? All available out of Bodycare cheap as chips grin

buckingfrolicks Wed 11-Jul-18 23:43:30

its not a pregnant couple, it's a pregnant woman and partner, or a couple expecting a baby.

Baby showers are american import shite and I wouldn't go within 10 miles of one.

Other than that, try a mobile

adoggymama Wed 11-Jul-18 23:50:19

I've never really got the thing with baby showersgrin are you American?

I'd just say congratulations with a little card and some flowers, maybe a baby grow for when the baby is born- IF they were close friends and/or family. thanks

GreenProvence Wed 11-Jul-18 23:57:55

This sort of thing for above the baby cot%?

www.etsy.com/uk/shop/Snappersigns

HeddaGarbled Thu 12-Jul-18 00:02:37

Very graspy to have a shower for a second. I’d go with a newborn babygro or similar for the baby and a box of chocolates for her.

TroubledLichen Thu 12-Jul-18 00:07:51

Unlike the majority on here I actually love a baby shower. But throwing one for a second child is too much even for me. A token gift like a new Sophie La Giraffe that hasn’t been chewed up by DC1 will be fine. Don’t get mum any pamper bits that take time, a nice shower gel would be good though.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: