Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Ah well. At least we won't have

(21 Posts)
AgathaRaisonDetra Wed 11-Jul-18 21:53:02

Lady Vardy now. Look on the bright side.

Good effort, lads. ⚽️

Awwlookatmybabyspider Wed 11-Jul-18 21:53:48

Why did we get beat

Scribblegirl Wed 11-Jul-18 21:55:03

Let us be sad, for a bit, please

Sobbing in pub,
London

WendyCope Wed 11-Jul-18 21:55:37

Because Croatia were dirty players and tripped and injured us at every possibility. It was depressing.

user764329056 Wed 11-Jul-18 21:55:41

What a come down

LanguidLobster Wed 11-Jul-18 21:56:56

@Scribble sad

Sympathetic,
Seaside

xTinkerhellx Wed 11-Jul-18 21:59:38

Also sobbing, but they did fucking well.

Pickford was fucking amazing.

No one expected them to get that far, they have a lot to be proud of. They seem a properly bonded team who have years together yet.

We go again.

kingseat2016 Wed 11-Jul-18 22:00:10

Is it really necessary to bitch about a footballer’s wife?

Dontletthebastardsgrindyoudown Wed 11-Jul-18 23:08:03

@WendyCope you must have been watching a different game to me hmm

WendyCope Wed 11-Jul-18 23:12:12

I was watching in another country, the commentators said the same here. I just saw players being pushed shoved and tripped up the whole time, maybe it was all from a different angle?

They were issued So many yellow cards.

Either way, England did brilliantly.

wowfudge Wed 11-Jul-18 23:13:51

They had opportunities they didn't make the most of in the first half. The experience of the opposition came to the fore in the second half and extra time. I'm disappointed too, but love the team spirit, the way they're being managed and their humility. Looking forward to the future.

Snarky comments about the partners of the players are low.

WendyCope Wed 11-Jul-18 23:23:02

Honestly, in England, did you not see all the injuries?

Serious question. When Harry Kane was hit in his throat it was so horrible?

I think I was watching another match hmm

Torygraph seemed to say the same.
Either way, they won, we didn't, we played honourably and I was proud.

Halfahunnerstillastunner Wed 11-Jul-18 23:28:53

Really Wendy? There were a few shoves and ankle clips but nothing like the Colombia match and nowhere near as bad as many, many other matches in the World Cup or indeed any standard match played either at international level or between rival teams. Croatia are one of the more disciplined teams tbh and get on with things rather than making huge deals out of standard contact or rolling around a la Neymar. I dislike intensely the pathetic behaviour of many players who act like they've been shot when someone barely touches them but tonight wasn't anywhere near that.

happinessischocolate Wed 11-Jul-18 23:34:47

I agree with wendy , I stopped watching because I hate football when it's played like it's a rugby scrum, but the kids carried on watching and they were commenting on all the bad behaviour from the Croatians.

Yes, England could have done better with the opportunities they had, but I am proud of them for the fact they play so clean and I hope boys like my son will aspire to play like them, instead of the constant pushing and shoving that goes on even in the youth teams.

Justaboy Wed 11-Jul-18 23:35:45

Ah well they did what they could.

Anyway cheer up, heres another bunch of Croatian's playing very wellsmile

Enjoy:-)

www.youtube.com/channel/UCaC8TRy8b9SEcWE1lPQIZCA

WendyCope Thu 12-Jul-18 00:03:22

Goodness happiness, so glad you agree with me. I thought I was going mad.

From my perspective, evrey time we were about to score a goal, we were tripped up. It seemed everyone got a yellow card, one by one.

DD and I were also covering our eyes, I found it really upsetting. But maybe it was my GandT. Hope I'm not coming across as racist or anything, I just thought it was a bit 'down and dirty', it's honestly what I saw. DD too.

As I said, maybe the reporting of it here biased me. But what I saw WAS as bed as Colombia.

I think we're too polite smile

WendyCope Thu 12-Jul-18 00:04:48

bad not bed!

Gohackyourself Thu 12-Jul-18 06:48:39

I also think I watched a different match.
They didn’t loose because the other team played dirty.
They lost because Ali, linguard, Sterling didn’t take a chance at the shot when they had chance to!
An when they got the ball they kept playing it backwards, instead of attacking with it, I’ve never seen a match where the goalie was used so much.
They were tired, harry Kane wasn’t even running.

Today is another day!

Harrykanesrightsock Thu 12-Jul-18 06:55:54

@WendyCope eh? Croatia got two yellow cards, England got one. Hardly unusually high.

Anyway I feel proud of their effort and sad that we are out. Just hopeing the over analysising doesn’t go one for weeks.

WendyCope Thu 12-Jul-18 07:01:05

I honestly thought it was bad. I really think the country I was in thought so too and so repeated fouls got the slow motion replay. I thought Croatia got more than 2 yellow cards?

I was obvs having an attack of the vapours!

Anyway, our team played like gentlemen.

It's over now.

Urbanbeetler Thu 12-Jul-18 07:05:41

Croatia played really well. We did too, but not as well- we missed opportunities to score.

It’s sad but it’s over.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: