Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If it hadn't been for Mumsnet...

(130 Posts)
lucysmam Mon 09-Jul-18 22:07:12

I'd never have identified the bloody awful smell in my kitchen this morning as coming from the plug socket where my washer plugs in.

I'd have been forever hunting for a rotten spud, dead rodent festering in the heat, or something else along those lines instead!

Anyone else...?

donutsarelife Mon 09-Jul-18 22:25:10

If it hadn't been for some wonderful mums netter I would never have found out that using solid soap instead of shower gel makes me smell so much less sweaty. It's changed my summer!

goforkyourself Mon 09-Jul-18 22:25:21

I really want to say I found the secret to eternal life BUT WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED WITH YOUR PLUG SOCKET?

Sorry for shouting grin

gamerchick Mon 09-Jul-18 22:26:41

I really want to know about the plug socket as well grin

Oopsmeagain Mon 09-Jul-18 22:27:50

I would never have bought a ridiculous flying squirrel jumpsuit 😂😂

BeeFarseer Mon 09-Jul-18 22:27:52

Yeah, this thread isn't moving on until you explain about the plug socket. grin

MargoChanning Mon 09-Jul-18 22:28:26

Following...for the plug socket reveal!

butlerswharf Mon 09-Jul-18 22:29:30

Ditto

lucysmam Mon 09-Jul-18 22:30:01

grin sorry!

I remembered reading on here ages ago that a fishy smell can be to do with the electrics...turns out it was!

Now waiting impatiently for my LL to send someone to check the wiring in the house (along with the rest of the looooong list!)

LumpySpacedPrincess Mon 09-Jul-18 22:30:14

If it hadn't been for Mumsnet those pesky MRA'a would a got away with it..

...plugsocket....spill...we need details....

Pebblespony Mon 09-Jul-18 22:30:17

I'm here for the plug socket too.

BeeFarseer Mon 09-Jul-18 22:30:45

Does it smell fishy because of the... current?

dontbesillyhenry Mon 09-Jul-18 22:31:17

It can also be BV but I bet you weren't in a hurry to get swabbed!

OublietteBravo Mon 09-Jul-18 22:31:59

I’d never have been to Efteling.

But more importantly, I’d never have met the bloody marvellous group of women who have become my friends.

I’m curious about the plug socket and not at all place marking

lucysmam Mon 09-Jul-18 22:32:35

@dontbesillyhenry it was definitely the plug socket!

JaneJeffer Mon 09-Jul-18 22:33:40

Bee grin

Oopsmeagain Mon 09-Jul-18 22:35:42

As well as the ridiculous jumpsuit, I actually wouldn’t have challenged DS’s GCSE result, got it remarked and upgraded. School hadn’t spotted or suggested a remark but with the help of knowledgeable posters on here, I did a fair bit of research and insisted on it. Well worth it for the higher grade he got in the end. Big Thank You to those posters.

goforkyourself Mon 09-Jul-18 22:37:08

I think we've all learnt something from this thread OP! 🐠

Borris Mon 09-Jul-18 22:37:48

I’d still be in an EA marriage thinking it was normal and I just needed to try harder

YorkieDorkie Mon 09-Jul-18 22:40:02

On a serious note, if it wasn't for Mumsnet I would never have realised the financial danger unmarried women face when having children and giving up work. I have managed to save a friend knowing this information. Forever grateful!

Chaosandmadness Mon 09-Jul-18 22:40:09

If it wasn't for Mumsnet I would never have gone to a bridal shop to help a complete stranger choose her wedding dress, made a fabulous new friend and got an invite to her wedding

cameltoeflappyflapflap Mon 09-Jul-18 22:40:12

If I hadn't been for mumsnet, I would never have got the tip about hanging socks up by their toes so it's easier to ball them up together after washing.

BeeFarseer Mon 09-Jul-18 22:41:52

There needs to be an 'I've made a dreadful pun and I'm waggling my eyebrows' emoji.

If it hadn't been for Mumsnet, I'd never have discovered Zoflora.

ILikePaperHats Mon 09-Jul-18 22:42:25

... I wouldn't have known that you can insist on a child starting full-time in the first term of their Reception year and so those working mums with no families around (like me) don't have to put up with these ridiculous staggered starts when their child has already been at preschool for 2 years. You're a godsend, mumsnetters!

ErrolTheDragon Mon 09-Jul-18 22:49:48

* There needs to be an 'I've made a dreadful pun and I'm waggling my eyebrows' emoji.*
That would be brill for fishy ones.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: