Talk

Advanced search

Queue jumping.....Did I?

(16 Posts)
robinsinthespring Tue 03-Jul-18 10:55:40

Like most GP surgeries our small village surgery offers emergency appts on the day. So instead of phoning them I popped up to wait at the door until they opened. As I pulled into the car park I noticed 2 other people, not together, waiting in their respective cars. I stood by the door and nearer the opening time the 2 people got out of their cars and joined me at the door. They weren't elderly or infirm but around my age (60). When the door was unlocked I made to enter but the man then said pointedly "some people are so rude to push in front". He then stood in front of me and held the door open for the other patient and then they both entered before me. I didn't say anything, thinking maybe I was impolite. Was he right? Or was I technically first in the queue?

N0tfinished Tue 03-Jul-18 10:56:44

I wouldn't think so. He sounds entitled

Noqont Tue 03-Jul-18 10:57:54

Of course you were right.

Isawthelight Tue 03-Jul-18 11:07:40

He was wrong, you were right.

DeckSofa Wed 04-Jul-18 10:16:43

You were right.

UtterlyUnimaginativeUsername Wed 04-Jul-18 11:50:48

If they were parked there first, I'd have thought they were ahead of you in the queue.

SmashedMug Wed 04-Jul-18 11:55:18

You were right. They might have been in the car park but they weren't queuing.

Ginandplatonic Wed 04-Jul-18 11:57:48

Surely it's not a queue unless people are actually queued though? They can't sit in their car in comfort and bags a spot in the queue. One thing or the other I'd say. YWNBU OP.

TokyoSushi Wed 04-Jul-18 11:59:09

Of course you were right, you can't queue in a bloody parked car!

TheVonTrappFamilySwingers Wed 04-Jul-18 11:59:09

Yes he was an arse. You can't queue from the comfort of your car.

Nikephorus Wed 04-Jul-18 11:59:42

If you want to be at the front of the queue you have to actually form the queue. You don't get to reserve your spot from the comfort of your car. So while they got there before you, they gave up their spots by not leaping from their cars the second you drew up in yours. YANBU.

MouldyVoldy Wed 04-Jul-18 13:42:14

He was the rude one.

robinsinthespring Wed 04-Jul-18 16:12:30

Thank you for your opinions everyone. I didn't think he had the right to be first

Bishybarnybee Wed 04-Jul-18 16:17:08

They were there first. They were clearly waiting. They weren't randomly sitting in their cars. I think you were rude. But it's all a matter of opinion, isn't it. Everyone has an opinion.....

spanishwife Wed 04-Jul-18 16:17:28

I think you could argue both sides, but ultimately... it doesn't really matter really does it?
Sounds like an entitled grumpy man who just has to make passive aggressive comments!

Mookatron Wed 04-Jul-18 16:19:30

Apart from anything else he didn't have to talk ABOUT you when you were standing there! Passive aggressive fucker. You didn't push in. Now forget about it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »