Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Hen night gift bag for the bride

(40 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:36:02

I'm hoping to a hen night this weekend and would like to put together a silly little gift bag for the bride. Nothing too stupid, no blow up willies. Was thinking mini bottle of champagne and cheap, maybe silly flute. Love heart sweets. Some nice soap stuff, something with a romantic name from lush? Anyone got ant good ideas or tell me (nicely) if this is crap?

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:38:28

Wouldn't mind something a bit silly, maybe a helium balloon

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:38:58

Or a little themed drinking game

MaureenMLove Mon 25-Jun-18 15:39:18

I think it's a lovely idea, just the sort I thing I like doing.

Is it too late to find some sort of guest book for you all to write in? You might just have enough time to get one in notonthehighstreet.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:40:39

There aren't going to be that many of us but I could get a nice little notebook and ask everyone to write their thoughts on her hen do night

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:41:23

Feather boa in bright pink

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:41:51

OK ok must remain tasteful smile

MipMipMip Mon 25-Jun-18 15:45:06

Heart shaped chocolates? (I think Godiva do them).

MipMipMip Mon 25-Jun-18 15:46:26

Don't suppose you know what bouquet shed having do you? Just thinking a silk flower that could go with the live ones in her bouquet so that she could keep it.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:51:55

Heart shaped chocs, brilliant! Actually it was seeing them today that gave me the idea but the ones I was looking at were no good as praline and I then moved on to love hearts! I should be able to get some solid or caramel ones.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:52:14

I don't know anything about dress or bouquet sadly

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 15:54:58

No one thinks its a bit crap then?

TheKnackeredChef Mon 25-Jun-18 15:57:23

I think you sound like a lovely friend. :-)

MipMipMip Mon 25-Jun-18 16:07:08

It sounds lovely.

bakingdemon Mon 25-Jun-18 16:10:20

I made goodie bags for my best mate's hen do. Mostly things that were quite personal to her - eg she has lovely handwriting and always writes in fun coloured pens, so put a nice brightly pink or purple pen in every one. Those headache things you put on your forehead for the hangover afterwards (they come in packs of two from Boots I think). A bath bomb. Some sweets. Some glittery nail varnish.

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 17:16:44

Headache strops brilliant. Are they for migraines, that's all I can find

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 17:40:39

Got some anyway smile and a destress face mask

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jun-18 18:47:10

Got "how to be a good wife"
And the equivalent for him!

cravingcake Mon 25-Jun-18 19:01:10

Tesco have some not too tacky Bride headbands - I was given one recently for my hen do by a friend who couldn’t come along and it was lovely to have something from her and I ended up wearing it all weekend. Another friend gave me a little gift bag with 2 premix cocktail cans and some haribo - totally loved it. It was the thought that meant the most.

You could put a Bride To Be wine glass charm in there as well. Or a lucky sixpence for her shoe on the wedding day. I have found both cheap online from eBay/Amazon.

Whisky2014 Mon 25-Jun-18 19:05:10

We had this recently. An alka selxzer, some body wash from body shop, disinfectant hand gel, glitter, temporary hen do tattoos.

It was the orange flavour fizzy tablet thing you put in your drink to get rid of hangovers that everyone loved the best.

StealthPolarBear Wed 27-Jun-18 17:02:16

Am now on my mission. Yankee candle called wedding day smile

StealthPolarBear Wed 27-Jun-18 21:35:50

Last bump for any more right ideas

Fluffyears Wed 27-Jun-18 21:49:58

What about a ‘survival kit’ socks tonstop her getting cold feet, loveheartbsweets etc

Fluffyears Wed 27-Jun-18 21:51:53

Something like this?

StealthPolarBear Wed 27-Jun-18 21:52:30

I have been looking for love hearts you would not believe how hard to find they are!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: