Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Perks of the job.

(164 Posts)
Undercoverbanana Thu 21-Jun-18 15:47:30

Do you have any?

I’m “busy” surviving yet another mind-bendingly boring afternoon in my Office Twat job when a tray of flapjacks came our way.

They are leftovers from the “Posh Offices” following a meeting and they are really good.

We park for free at the moment but we’re going to have to start paying soon.

What perks do you have?

thismeansnothing Thu 21-Jun-18 15:50:48

I work out of local leisure centres so get free swims/use of the gym. A decent perk if u like that kind of thing 😂

Undercoverbanana Thu 21-Jun-18 15:53:12

Wow!!!! That would so work for me!!!! I’m a regular swimmer and love classes at the gym.

IsAnyoneElseMissingCheese Thu 21-Jun-18 15:54:00

I get beer when it's gone out of date grin

Lindah1 Thu 21-Jun-18 15:58:56

I get free tea and biscuits, free lunch (really good) every day, swimming pool and gym at set times

CointreauVersial Thu 21-Jun-18 15:59:48

Hmmm....let me see.

Free parking - yes (but in the world's smallest carpark, so if you arrive after 8.15am you won't get a space).

Leftover cakes & sandwiches from meetings - YES - the FD's wife does the catering and she bakes like a dream.

Also, we get a case of wine at Christmas.

DH does far better on the company perks. He works for a cosmetics and fragrances company, and the freebies are great (for me, that is).

They finish at 3pm on summer Fridays.

AND they have a drinks trolley which comes round the office on the last Friday of every month, handing out G&T, beer, wine etc. How fabulously retro is that?!

TheQueenSnortsAvocados Thu 21-Jun-18 16:00:23

Super flexible. I can change my hours/work from home with very little warning.

DontDribbleOnTheCarpet Thu 21-Jun-18 16:01:02

I'm self employed and my husband is retired, so I get to set my own hours, steal all the stationery I want and cups of tea and snacks appear on my desk as if by magic!

MinaPaws Thu 21-Jun-18 16:01:58

@CointreauVersial - ooh, I want to work where your DH works. Sounds bliss.

DontDribbleOnTheCarpet Thu 21-Jun-18 16:07:37

When we met my husband had the best ever perk- free lobsters, prawns and langoustines. It was lovely. Then he changed jobs and just came home covered in concrete.
I miss the lobsters, but I've bought him a boat so he can go and catch me some more!

notactuallyamum1 Thu 21-Jun-18 16:27:05

I get a free ski pass in Winter and industry discounts on loads of goodies but I do work for a resort

student26 Thu 21-Jun-18 16:30:14

Used to work somewhere that gave us a free turkey at Christmas.

MsJuniper Thu 21-Jun-18 16:32:36

Free popcorn, tea & coffee

Product tastings (e.g. cake, wine)

Occasional invites to film previews/festivals/parties

Free cinema tickets

halfwitpicker Thu 21-Jun-18 16:32:47

Free food and drink leftover from conferences
10 summer Fridays i.e. the whole afternoon off, which basically means 5 days extra vacation
Can't work from home yet but slowly working on the boss....

Stripyhoglets1 Thu 21-Jun-18 16:33:30

Can work from home and flexi time. But it's public sector so no freebies obviously!

Stephisaur Thu 21-Jun-18 16:34:23

I work for my parents (small business, they own it) so I have pretty much any perk going!

Downside is being pregnant and working with my parents, who are trying to be over involved as I'm the youngest ;) DH (who also works here) is going mad!

happypotamus Thu 21-Jun-18 16:34:35

I work for the NHS, so no.

eyycarumba Thu 21-Jun-18 16:35:11

I used to work in insurance - massive discount for home goods direct from supplier. Got an american fridge/freezer for £130!

ttprw Thu 21-Jun-18 16:35:51

the queen
What do you do!?

jetsetter87 Thu 21-Jun-18 16:40:04

This isn't available to everyone in the company but once you reach a certain level you can have flexible working- choose your own shifts and work from home- fab for childcare
Free private medical insurance
All expenses paid Christmas bash
Regular exercise and fitness incentives (day out of the office to take part in a run/yoga)
Free coffee/tea/cold drinks-unlimited
Free onsite parking- but this again isn't for everyone and is based on length of service

There is actually a few more but don't want to out myself too much blush

EmmaStone Thu 21-Jun-18 16:41:55

My company's pretty good:

Monthly company drinks (with brilliant nibbles).

2 company do's a year

Possibility of annual bonus

Very flexible and understanding of family commitments (I work from home one day a week)

1 'company' day a year (effectively meaning an extra day's holiday)

Loving the sound of these short Fridays though (although I don't work Fridays, so wouldn't affect me I suppose).

OddestSock Thu 21-Jun-18 16:42:56

I get very cheap flights, travel industry rates at hotels around the world, discounts with various large companies, am relatively well paid for what I do, a generous annual leave allowance, performance pay, a small-ish annual bonus. The perks are what keep me there to be honest.

ChanandlerBongsNeighbour Thu 21-Jun-18 16:45:15

All school holidays off?

BlondeSea Thu 21-Jun-18 16:47:02

We have breakfast provided- can have a full cooked breakfast or cereal/ toast.

If we are working late dinner is provided- there's always a menu and a choice and a couple of courses.

Free parking.

Summer party with food and drink paid for.

littlemissalwaystired Thu 21-Jun-18 16:47:05

Another NHS person here, so nope. Free hot drinks, but only if you can find enough time to actually drink them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: