Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What annoys your DP about you?

(25 Posts)
AlessandroVasectomi Thu 21-Jun-18 09:17:10

We’ve just had the thread (again) about things your DP does that annoy you. But what would your DP say if he or she were responding to the thread?

I’m thinking hard about my own case. The responses of others will probably jog my memory, proving that I probably take little notice of things I do that annoy DW! (What an admission...)

Stephisaur Thu 21-Jun-18 09:22:21

I'm really messy. Like... REALLY messy.

Floordrobe is an understatement for my side of the bedroom!

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Thu 21-Jun-18 09:22:53

I am always right!! grin

sleepymouse Thu 21-Jun-18 09:24:38

Cups left on the bedside table and shoes on in the house

SomeKnobend Thu 21-Jun-18 09:26:51

I asked dh and he said he couldn't think of anything. He's a very wise man!

ZispinAndTurmericLatte Thu 21-Jun-18 09:27:58

I asked and he says he can't think of anything right now. Could be just being diplomatic of course.

The only thing I remember him complaining about is that I used to use his towel when mine was either damp, or I'd forgotten to take a clean one for myself. I've stopped doing it now, though. Oh, and he's said in the past about me not replacing the toilet roll after I'd finished it. I TRY not to do it now.

ginandnappies Thu 21-Jun-18 09:28:23

I worry about things so much, I always think of the worst case scenarios (although I have been getting slightly better) I'm pretty messy, I leave crumbs in the butter. He's a very lucky guy wink

AlessandroVasectomi Thu 21-Jun-18 09:29:37

Stephisaur - are you my wife?

Frosty66612 Thu 21-Jun-18 09:31:33

I’m quite a jealous/insecure person and don’t like him mentioning other women he finds attractive (like celebrities etc - ridiculous, I know. I don’t mind him finding other women good looking as we all do it, I just don’t want to know about it). Oh and I can be quite clumsy and break things. Other than that we are very similar and never bicker.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Thu 21-Jun-18 09:32:55

If we are going out and for once I am ready before him or the rest of the family, I will get sidetracked and delayed doing some minor chore I have ignored all day or week.

Pixalottle Thu 21-Jun-18 09:33:11

He is tolerant of my procrastination generally, because he's guilty of it too. But he hates the way I ignore post rather than opening it.

TinyRick Thu 21-Jun-18 09:39:30

My apparent lack of situational awareness...in video games biscuit

AlbusSeverusMalfoy Thu 21-Jun-18 09:39:33

I'm generally just a bit of an arse at times. Pretty anti social and don't really 'like people'

andalittlebitofpixiedust Thu 21-Jun-18 10:55:53

I have an intermittent illness that is very hard to predict so I'm sure that is really annoying to live with.

But more importantly I fold down the corner of the page or WORSE leave the book open face down. Drives him mad. grin

Plus I sometimes want to have a conversation which is very annoying to him. grin

Alanamackree Thu 21-Jun-18 11:13:11

Basically all the things mentioned in the other thread confused. I have no idea what he sees in me actually grin

KNain Thu 21-Jun-18 11:17:27

I never fill think about how much petrol is in the tank until the light comes on (never go below 45 miles left in the tank, but still annoying)
I worry too much.
I moan a lot and never take time to appreciate what I've got.
I try to please others, which means I end up running around and getting in a flap.
My phone battery is always dead because I Mumsnet more than I should

Jozxyqk Thu 21-Jun-18 11:23:43

I have short term memory loss so I am constantly forgetting things.
I fuss too much if the house is untidy - he's much more laid back (practically horizontal) about a bit of mess.
I am apparently addicted to MN.

Stephisaur Thu 21-Jun-18 11:49:38

AlessandroVasectomi grin

Depends, do you leave the cupboard doors in the kitchen open??

Iwasjustabouttosaythat Thu 21-Jun-18 11:57:16

When I open boxes of food (specifically dried pasta but any will do) I don’t open it carefully so the little cardboard tab can slit into the slot to close the box again. I’m always in a rush so I just rip the top half off and get on with my day. This really bothers him. If they were easier to not rip I would do it properly but it’s so much fiddling about. Who has time for that? Sorry DP.

AlessandroVasectomi Thu 21-Jun-18 12:13:22

Stephisaur - nope. I’m not sure I could list things that annoy her, but she would say for example that she can tell me something and then I’ll instantly have forgotten it. She tuts, but doesn’t get annoyed. That particular problem is that I find oral explanations difficult to remember, whereas if it’s written down or in pictorial form I can remember straight away. For that reason I often find films and tv dramas difficult to follow and she will have to explain the plot to me afterwards. If we turn the sub-titles on because the actors are mumbling (which we often have to do with modern tv dramas) I find I can follow the plot perfectly well.

It’s all coming back to me now. She gets annoyed that I won’t wear sun cream. I try not to expose myself to the sun if I can avoid it and I hate the greasy feeling on my skin. She also wishes I would drink more water. I don’t ordinarily because it does nothing for me, but when we go to hot countries I’ll drink gallons.

Again, she doesn’t actually get annoyed with me, more mildly irritated. Her job involved dealing with difficult children, so she has a good deal of patience and I’m sure that being married to me for so long suited her ideally to the job!

InterstellarSleepingElla Thu 21-Jun-18 12:17:09

I am messy and leave my clothes everywhere (yet he is the hoarder between us!). I spend far too much time on Mumsnet and watching My Dream Home. I hate dark antique furniture (he loves antiques - I like high gloss/clean white lines and as such our home is in my style as our house is small so would look dark and dingy otherwise though I've allowed him a couple of antique vases and a bookcase). I spend far too much money on things/gadgets for the house - he isn't into decorating/interior styling). Oh and I am a grumpy cow if I don't get enough sleep or quiet time. Starting to wonder what he actually sees in me! 😂

HeyMicky Thu 21-Jun-18 12:32:20

I never restack the tuppaware so it falls out the next time the cupboard is open.
I wash up around him before he finishes cooking.
I am generally impatient.
I hang artwork too high up the walls.
I have too many condiments in the fridge and pantry.
I criticise his parking.
I hate to be touched when I sleep.
I moan a lot about my perfectly good job.
I open the curtains and the windows as soon as I get up
I'm an early riser and expect everyone else to be.

TaytoAllDay Mon 25-Jun-18 06:47:17

He says I'm too indecisive, or annoying sometimes when I poke him and want extra cuddles,or i leave things until the last minute which aldo annoys him haha

BillywigSting Mon 25-Jun-18 06:52:48

I never close doors, have a pretty substantial floordrobe and I find it next to impossible to move with any speed in the morning, especially if I'm insufficiently caffeinated

ILoveMyDressingGown Mon 25-Jun-18 08:48:38

Taking my clothes off in such a way that they end up all in a tangle in the washer.

Avoiding or getting out of cooking wherever I possibly can.

Being v grumpy on a morning, especially after a bad night's sleep.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: