Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I can't stop eating crisps?

(123 Posts)
Malibeau Wed 20-Jun-18 21:58:14

Anyone else as obsessed with crisps as I am? blush I absolutely must have crisps with a sandwich. Must have crisps with my glass of wine. Nothing is complete without crisps.

Currently munching on Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup Kettle Chips.

Redpriestandmozart Wed 20-Jun-18 22:03:21

Just finished a big bag of Walkers extra crunchy and 3 glasses of wine, I have no shame smile

letsallhaveanap Wed 20-Jun-18 22:03:39

Every now and again I go crisp mental... I can eat an entire multipack of mccoys or nik naks... could eat a whole sharer bag of kettle chips...
Cant be good for me....
But its not all the time, I go off them for long periods but then just get the craving to binge eat crisps randomly!! I think they must have addictive qualities lol
Whole tubes of pringles.... mmmmm
Ive never been overweight but im getting older now and this crisp behaviour is going to need to be looked at I reckon...
Especially now my child is getting more aware!!
He will be asking me why he is only allowed crisps as a rare treat when hes seen me munching through a family sized mulitpack of quavers at 4.30pm for no good reason.

Oblomov18 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:04:12

Same. Have always loved crisps. As a diabetic trying to low carb, trying to find an alternative. Will give salty popcorn s try.

Creasey31 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:05:37

I love the Lidl vegetable crisps..so salty and crunchy!! Also can do a whole bag..love popcorn also 😍! Not good at all!

MyAuntyBadger Wed 20-Jun-18 22:09:11

Same here, just finished a 'tear and share' bag of salt and vinegar. There was tearing but no sharing. I can eat crisps even if I'm stuffed, bloody love them. Apparently they're the worse thing ever for your teeth though.

Malibeau Wed 20-Jun-18 22:09:16

Hahaaaaa! I LOVE this. I'm so glad I'm not alone. I'm on my 4th G&T and my crisp game is so strong right now. I could and sometimes do just have crisps for lunch without the sandwich.

Worst case scenario if I have no crisps in the house then I make do with some toast blush as it's a bit crispy?

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Wed 20-Jun-18 22:09:30

Doritos. I'm an antisocial mare at the best of times - but if you've got Tangy Cheese Doritos I'll talk. Or S&V McCoys tbh. Or Skips.

Now I'm hungry.

Cakecrumbsinmybra Wed 20-Jun-18 22:11:18

I was never into crisps, but now I love them. I love crunchy things 😬 So fattening though. I have breadsticks as an alternative.

VanillaSugar Wed 20-Jun-18 22:12:36

Why are crisps bad for your teeth?

RedTulip86 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:14:38

Kettle. You bastards!

Camomila Wed 20-Jun-18 22:16:41

I've been 'prescribed' crisps as I have low blood pressure grin

The first warm day after a few cold days I always feel woozy and eat lots of ready salted crisps. Also the day before I get my period.

Malibeau Wed 20-Jun-18 22:22:30

@VanillaSugar I've not heard this before?

cantpooinpeace Wed 20-Jun-18 22:28:29

I've found my people smile

JaneJeffer Wed 20-Jun-18 22:31:25

I have a bag of Tayto every day.

smashhits90s Wed 20-Jun-18 22:32:51

I love crisps.

Ginismyfriendx Wed 20-Jun-18 22:33:06

They are bad for your teeth as it was a question on QI. No idea why though grin

mybumpisonlypudding Wed 20-Jun-18 22:38:24

@Ginismyfriendx DH tells me they are starchy and stick to your teeth and the starch then turns to sugar because if they amylase in saliva? I'm not sure how true that is though haha it hasn't broken my crisp habit unfortunately

mybumpisonlypudding Wed 20-Jun-18 22:38:45

*of the blush

Malibeau Wed 20-Jun-18 22:42:19

@mybumpisonlypudding hmmm that makes sense. I only have one filling mind. Would breadsticks have the same effect I wonder?

mybumpisonlypudding Wed 20-Jun-18 22:43:59

@Malibeau apparently so but I chose to ignore it... grin I have two fillings though so don't take my advice!

mybumpisonlypudding Wed 20-Jun-18 22:44:35

* choose!

My nails are too long for iPhone typing blush

Ginismyfriendx Wed 20-Jun-18 22:46:16

@mybumpisonlypudding it’s lies... all lies... (I’m guessing made up by the carrot sticks factories)

squirrelnutkins1 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:49:38

Yup! I can polish off a bag of kettle crisps myself no problem 🙈

Malibeau Wed 20-Jun-18 22:56:44

Life is definitely too short to NOT enjoy crisps grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: