Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Today I glued myself to the kitchen sink... The joys of dyspraxia!!

(43 Posts)
84CharingCrossRoad Wed 20-Jun-18 20:10:24

I bought some superglue to glue my shoe. I stupidly put the shoe in my lap while I did it. When I went to wash my hands and stepped back I had glued my dress to the edge of the sink!!! I'm obviously not safe to be let loose am I??? grin

84CharingCrossRoad Wed 20-Jun-18 20:26:33

grin

Stephisaur Wed 20-Jun-18 20:39:15

We did sewing at school and I sewed my pillow cover to my school skirt ๐Ÿ˜‚

EllenJanethickerknickers Wed 20-Jun-18 20:42:36

At least you didn't glue your shoe to your lap!

Thisnamechanger Wed 20-Jun-18 20:43:40

I'm not allowed super-glue in the house because I can't resist the temptation to glue things to other things.

Once when I was about 15 I glued all my fingers to my computer keyboard, in a sort of ready-to-type position. My Dad had been yelling for my to come down to dinner and get off MSN. He eventually burst into my room and fed me the most fantastic line, something along the lines of "are you stuck to that bloody computer?!"

At which point I turned to him with a creepy grin and slowly raised my hands to show said adhesion.

Guess you had to be there.

I was quite a weird kid.

Bearfrills Wed 20-Jun-18 20:45:41

I was once supergluing a broken towel rail back together and, unknown to me, some glue dropped out and onto my trouser leg. Later on I needed the loo and was very confused when I couldn't pull my trousers down any lower than mid-thigh. I quickly worked out why. While I was an adult I was a very young adult, a trainee adult really, so I needed the advice of a more established adult. I made DH phone his dad to ask how to dissolve glue (this was pre-Google) but I was embarrassed at my own stupidity so I made DH pretend that it was him who had glued his trousers to his leg. His dad laughed lots and told him how to dissolve it but even now,any years later, he still occasionally rips the piss out of DH about that time he superglued his trousers to his leg and he laughs and I join in blush

Redcrayons Wed 20-Jun-18 20:49:13

I tried to glue the sole of my shoe back on and glued it to my hand. I'm not even dyspraxic, just a complete numpty. I can't be trusted with anything stronger than pritt stick.

84CharingCrossRoad Wed 20-Jun-18 20:49:54

The nurse at our local practice told me she once glued a glove to a patients forehead when glueing a head wound!! smile

cantfindname Wed 20-Jun-18 20:54:08

Not glue but still very sticky. My friend was bandaging her horse's leg with cohesive vet wrap. Not only did she bandage in the horse's tail but she also managed to include her own long hair. She had a hell of a job freeing herself from that little mess!! Luckily the horse never kicked.

HungerOfThePine Wed 20-Jun-18 21:40:26

Thisnamechanger genuinely shed a tear from laughing at that imagery.

I stay away from glue as I have a tendency to ruin other things while fixing things with glue.

hazeyjane Wed 20-Jun-18 21:45:21

When I was at art college, during an enthusiastic, late night, last minute burst of creativity, I glued a glue gun to my wrist. I still have the scar.

Dyspraxia + pro plus + glue gun = bloody stupid.

MipMipMip Wed 20-Jun-18 21:50:19

grin

rickandmorts Wed 20-Jun-18 21:57:34

This I love you ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Angiefernackerpan Wed 20-Jun-18 22:02:57

I once bit off the dry piece of super glue from the edge of the tube. Of course the glue flooded out and I stuck my tongue and teeth together. Not my finest hour!

Downeyhouse Wed 20-Jun-18 22:06:05

I glued my fingers together on my wedding day!

Fun time was had for 30 mins disconnecting me!

Prize numpty!

alwaysontimeneverlate Wed 20-Jun-18 22:09:15

I've glued my hand to a shoe before, and my fingers to each other ๐Ÿ™„

OnTopOfSpaghetti Wed 20-Jun-18 22:15:52

@Thisnamechanger you've just genuinely made me chuckle at your story. Love the 'ready to type position'gringringrin

Thisnamechanger Wed 20-Jun-18 22:17:58

Haha I'm glad someone find me funny

villainousbroodmare Wed 20-Jun-18 22:22:55

I'm a vet. I once got a call from a client at a race meeting. Their horse had just sustained a minor but ugly cut on the nostril while fidgeting in the lorry, and wouldn't be allowed to run as he was. I couldn't use any drugs or stitch it, so I used skin glue (identical to superglue) and belatedly discovered that all the fingers of my left hand were now stuck up this boisterous young racehorse's nose. I thought for a bit that I'd have to run alongside him! blush
He was third first time out that day and went on to have quite a successful career. grin

FermatsTheorem Wed 20-Jun-18 22:23:28

My dad has next to no spatial awareness (which he puts down to the after effects of meningitis as a kid). He likes to tell the story of making cardboard snowmen in primary school. A big and a little circle drawn on the card. Children's task: cut round the outline with safety scissors then decorate. He laboriously and carefully cut all the way round the big circle. He says he still remembers his feeling of surprise when the snowman's head fell off.

clumsyduck Wed 20-Jun-18 22:25:14

Poor thing ! You sound like me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Notcontent Wed 20-Jun-18 22:31:33

bearfrills - I love your story - it gave me a much needed laugh tonight!!!

Ski40 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:34:40

Hmmmm yes I have done similar booboos with superglue

Ski40 Wed 20-Jun-18 22:38:37

Posted too soon because my phone screen keeps jerking about! I was going to tell of the time I was leaning on my kitchen counter. It was hot. I was sticky. I had a very long recent burn down my forearm from pulling out a heavy roasting tray. I went to move and.... rrrrrrip! The entire strip of burnt skin stuck to the counter. It bled like mad and despite using Bio Oil on it nightly I still have a nasty scar. Ouch ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ˜–๐Ÿ˜ข

FrozenMargarita17 Wed 20-Jun-18 23:14:31

In school for a textiles project I was making a skirt. I sewed my finger to it ๐Ÿ™ˆ

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now ยป

Already registered? Log in with: