Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What to order (if anything) from Avon catalogue?

(42 Posts)
cockeyedoptimist Wed 20-Jun-18 19:07:26

I've just had an Avon catalogue put through my door by a neighbour. I haven't seen one for years.

I just wondered what is good to order. I've heard about Skin so Soft being a great insect repellent, but is it any good ? I'm travelling to SE Asia this summer so I need something fairly heavy duty.

Is there anything else I should be looking at?

Babybearsporij Wed 20-Jun-18 19:15:28

I love their glycerine hand cream. And some of their perfume is actually decent. I like Alpha for her and Far Away Rebel.

Babybearsporij Wed 20-Jun-18 19:15:56

Oooh yes I've heard good things about the Glimmerstick eyeliners, although I've not tried them myself.

NannyR Wed 20-Jun-18 19:19:30

I don't find the skin so soft any good at all as an insect repellent. I use smidge in the UK and anywhere where there is a risk of insect borne diseases, I use deet.
The Avon hand creams are nice.

CourtneyLovely Wed 20-Jun-18 19:24:09

Bubble bath. I bloody love Avon bubble bath!

cockeyedoptimist Wed 20-Jun-18 19:32:38

Ooh thank you
Some ideas there to try . I like the look of the glimmer stick eyeliner , and I'm a sucker for lovely bubblebath
I think I'll give the Skin so soft a miss though and get a deet based product

cherrryontop Wed 20-Jun-18 19:35:44

Far Away perfume, its lovely

Sassy306 Wed 20-Jun-18 19:45:15

3 in 1 cream to powder foundation compact...it's so quick and easy to apply, I wouldn't be without it now.

JustBeingJobless Wed 20-Jun-18 19:48:28

I use skin so soft on my dog! Perceive perfume is lovely, always get comments on it when I’m wearing it. Agree the bubble bath is fab, also love their face creams.

chickenchip Wed 20-Jun-18 19:49:05

I came on to say the cream to powder compact too

wizzywig Wed 20-Jun-18 19:49:07

Be prepared though to then receive catalogues every week for life

Thunderpunt Wed 20-Jun-18 19:52:40

I like the B.B. cream and also the 3 in 1 face wash, (teenage kids use that as well as is nice a mild and doesn't sting the eyes)

xFreePeaceSweetx Wed 20-Jun-18 20:20:19

The leave in conditoner. I have greasy hair but it gets extremely knotty. Its the only thing I can use. Its lightweight and leaves a lovely sheen. I use it on my kids too.

xFreePeaceSweetx Wed 20-Jun-18 20:22:04

Oh and agree on the cream to powder compact. Makes my skin look even without being too masky (hopefully yswim).

stressedoutfred Wed 20-Jun-18 20:22:04

I like the glimmer sticks and mascara. I don't wear much make up so can't justify spending much for it to go off!

Figgygal Wed 20-Jun-18 20:24:01

We don't have a rep anymore but their invisible coverage cream to powder foundation is really good, as are their mascaras and nail varnish which actually does last

xFreePeaceSweetx Wed 20-Jun-18 20:25:11

Ooh also the Luxe gold perfume. Always get compliments on that. Don't get the nail polish drying spray. Wank as fuck.

EnglishGirlApproximately Wed 20-Jun-18 20:27:02

I like the glimmer sticks, the Tahitian body spray, the cream to powder compact and the room sprays.

PineappleLava Wed 20-Jun-18 20:27:26

I wouldn’t rely on skin so soft as a stand alone insect repellent - I think if you’re going anywhere with mozzies you need the proper stuff. But it’s a very good (and bloody cheap) moisturiser. I like that it isn’t scented.

cockeyedoptimist Wed 20-Jun-18 20:28:34

Ok so my list is getting long now . It’s all very good prices . I’m looking forward to trying it

glenthebattleostrich Wed 20-Jun-18 20:42:22

Face cream, glimmer sticks and hand cream.

Love a mooch through an Avon catalogue

Nunyabusiness Wed 20-Jun-18 20:54:51

I really rate the kids detangling spray

ISeeTheLight Wed 20-Jun-18 20:55:50

The natural kids detangling spray is very good. I use it all the time on Dad's hair

ISeeTheLight Wed 20-Jun-18 20:56:30

Cross-post, and that was supposed to be DDs hair

Cally62 Wed 20-Jun-18 21:12:02

I'm off to Thailand next week and have stocked up on skin so soft to deter the mozzies. I use it all the time and never get bitten. I use the shower cream, body lotion and spray oil.

It really is worth a try....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: