Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I think of you all the time...

(24 Posts)
NeedsMoreGlitter Wed 20-Jun-18 16:40:52

This is my first post so apologies if I make any mistakes!
My DH got into contact again with a female friend from University about 5/6 years ago. They email (mostly him emailing her) and she's rung him a few times, that I know of. She lives abroad and is married with kids.
Last night, I got to see the recent emails they had sent each other and my DH had ended his with "I think of you all the time".

Is this just being friendly or would you think there's more to it? He's told me they were just friends that hung around in the same group.

Flexoset Wed 20-Jun-18 16:43:03

Sorry, but I don't think that's just being friendly.

angermanagementproblems Wed 20-Jun-18 16:43:23

I'd contact HQ and ask them to move this to relationships if I were you OP.

You'll get sage advice there.

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Wed 20-Jun-18 16:45:36

Wistful thoughts leading to lustful ones is my take on it.

Lycanthropology Wed 20-Jun-18 16:46:37

Er, sorry no... I'd say that's going beyond friendly. Unless she's currently going through... something, and he's wishing her well and/or worried about her; you know how you might tell someone you're thinking of them in such circumstances.
If not, then I'd be worried if I were you. Sorry.

Nottheduchessofcambridge Wed 20-Jun-18 16:47:55

I wouldn’t like it if I read that, and it’s not something I (being married) would write to another married person of the opposite sex. Boundaries.

TheSausageEmperor Wed 20-Jun-18 16:48:04

No chance is that just friendly.

Pancakeflipper Wed 20-Jun-18 16:49:54

Oh gosh - I've not heard that phrase said to me since the heady days of falling in love.

I am sorry OP but that is not a term used in platonic relationships.

PanPanPanPing Wed 20-Jun-18 16:51:48

I agree with April - and PPs - unfortunately.

anger, maybe the OP doesn't want this thread stuck in Relationships for perpetuity - at least threads in Chat disappear after 90 days.

GreatDuckCookery Wed 20-Jun-18 16:53:46

It's iffy OP. I doubt very much he'd say that to a male friend.

NeedsMoreGlitter Wed 20-Jun-18 17:07:04

Thank you everyone for your replies.
The rest of the email was very general- him wishing her& her family all the best and talking about our upcoming holiday plans but I felt uneasy about that last sentence.

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Wed 20-Jun-18 17:10:21

Sounds a bit intense, is he always this effusive?

sockunicorn Wed 20-Jun-18 17:14:22

i wouldnt be happy with that and would think it was odd if a married male friend sent me that.

DolorestheNewt Wed 20-Jun-18 17:18:02

Yikes. I'm bucking the trend. I've said that to loads of old partners. To be more specific, I usually say "I think of you often", but it could easily be "I think of you all the time". But all the time, to me, would not mean all the time. It'd mean that, as time passed, the likelihood of my thinking of "you" didn't diminish. I also think of other people to precisely the same extent, both men and women.

If it makes you uneasy about your particular partner, OP, that's probably a better guide than whether or not someone else might say it. It definitely doesn't bother my DH, but he knows me. He knows it doesn't mean anything.

gamerwidow Wed 20-Jun-18 17:21:06

More than friendly. A friendly way to say that is ‘I was just thinking about you the other day’ or ‘I was just remembering about when we did x’.
‘I think about you everyday’ is much more intense.

AnyFucker Wed 20-Jun-18 17:23:25

You need to ask ? confused

NeedsMoreGlitter Wed 20-Jun-18 17:27:09

Generally, he's quite reserved but I have heard him talk a bit "flowery" with women in the past. It's not something I would say to a male friend either.

GreatDuckCookery Wed 20-Jun-18 17:28:20

Are you going to ask him about it OP?

NeedsMoreGlitter Wed 20-Jun-18 17:33:46

I saw the emails by accident so he's unaware I saw them. That is the problem now how to approach it and what to do about it.

sparklepops123 Wed 20-Jun-18 17:35:05

I wouldn’t be happy at all

GreatDuckCookery Wed 20-Jun-18 17:38:18

Oh I see. How did you come about them, could you say you saw them by accident while looking for something else or would he not buy that?

How did you find them?

LorelaiVictoriaGilmore Wed 20-Jun-18 17:40:45

Unless there's some reason for it, like maybe diagnosis of a horrible illness or something, I would be very uncomfortable with that sort of sentiment. He shouldn't be thinking about her all the time!!

Cleanerswin Wed 20-Jun-18 17:46:43

If she’d said something like “I don’t expect you’ve given me a thought for 20 years” then I suppose his reply could be just a sort of politeness but In My Experience this sort of thing is either trouble ahead or trouble right now. Never just friendly. Sorry

overnightangel Wed 20-Jun-18 18:22:49

It depends what the context of previous messages, if she’s lonely and sad maybe he’s just trying to be nice

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: