Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Wearing a tribute to Princess Di

(79 Posts)
SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 09:16:52

Given that Diana was a style icon of her era, presumably had a ton of clothes and always looked "stylish", you've got to wonder what the Duchess of Cambridge and Sussex could possibly wear that she hasn't had something similar.

Now the blue and white wrap dress is a "touching tribute" to a blue and white dress Diana once wore. Kate wore a dress out of Rosemary's baby and it was a tribute to Diana.

I'm sure somewhere there's articles on how both their wedding dresses were tributes to Diana.

Anything they wear is always going to breast a Angel resemblance to something Diana ince wore, but it writings be rather odd if they were both actually going through photos of her and demanding to only wear styles of her clothes like the press seem to suggest!!

And would you really want to snog someone dressed like your mum

Avonandice Wed 20-Jun-18 09:26:27

Why on earth does it always have to come back to Diana? She has been dead for years, cant they just let the woman stay dead.

derxa Wed 20-Jun-18 09:27:00

hmm

Nanasueathome Wed 20-Jun-18 09:28:48

I think you need to get out more.......

Hideandgo Wed 20-Jun-18 09:30:46

Avon, have you lost someone ever? Would you just want them to stay dead?

My lovely aunt died around the same age and timing as Diana. Any mention, remembrance, tribute, moment relating to her (aunt but weirdly mentions of Diana also make us think of her) is very precious to us. Would you dare say that to my young cousins who still feel raw at losing their mum that it’s time she ‘stayed dead’?

Hideandgo Wed 20-Jun-18 09:32:14

To OP - snog someone dressed like your mum....are you on glue😂

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 09:34:05

Hideandgo don't disagree but would it help if every time their partner wore something someone dregged up a photo of something she'd worn and said ooohhh you wrote it cos it looks like this even if it didn't much

NeepNeepNeep Wed 20-Jun-18 09:34:32

Tabloids are full of shit. I don't think, or rather hope, most people care what they wear.

NeepNeepNeep Wed 20-Jun-18 09:59:23

But you have a good point OP. It would be hard not to wear something similar and what kind of bizarre brain does a "journalist" have to claim their wardrobe is a tribute to anyone.

reallybadidea Wed 20-Jun-18 10:03:13

Today I am wearing some trousers in a touching tribute to my late grandmother who liked wearing trousers.

NeepNeepNeep Wed 20-Jun-18 10:19:24

grin

Today I am wearing a charming Breton stripe (Asda not Boden wink) in a touching tribute to pirates.

Hideandgo Wed 20-Jun-18 10:26:56

Well I wore a jumper with a round neck over jeans. I’m afraid my DH won’t snog me as my MIL has sometimes worn a jumper and jeans!

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 20-Jun-18 10:39:22

I think its more that the tabliods think everything is a touching tribute to diana rather than it is, or that its helping the family by remembering her.

If things are a tribute then thats up to the boys, but not every damn dress catherine or meghan wear is a "touching tribute to diana"

But then it seems to be what people want, if you go on instagram theres whole accounts dedicated to showing meghan and catherine wearing similar things to diana the only thing in common some times is the colour like its Diana in pink at such and such event in 1989 and kate in pink at yesterdays polo match and the dresses look nothing alike but there will be comments like oh thats nice shes remebering her mother in law. Noooo shes wearing a pink dress thats all shes wearing a dress.

But then thats nothing compared to the quite honestly weird photoshops of diana holding George and charlotte with captions of what a fantastic grandmother disna is?!?!

Theres even one of Chatles on tje balvony and its when hecwas smiling chatting to meghan and theyve edited out meghan amd harry and edited in a picture of diana "holding" charlotte and its captioned loving grandparents pleased to see each other. Errr they werent exactly delighted to see each other when shecwas a live were they.

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 10:45:56

That. Is. Creepy.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 20-Jun-18 10:48:01

Things like this www.instagram.com/p/BjwpStmh9ND/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=4ilhfyezvpdc

Oh three women all wear blue dresses wow i really see why theresca connection to diana oh wait she wore blue once too what a special tribute her daughter in laws are paying her im sure that went through theircstylists head that day

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 10:49:23

Meghan loss like she needs a wee.

Link for the creepy ghost ones??

specialsubject Wed 20-Jun-18 10:52:55

sorry, off topic but the wreck that crap MN coding has made of the OP's post is hilarious!

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 10:53:00

www.instagram.com/p/Bj5dONDBE5f/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1iiuhhmlvmuie

Really?

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 10:54:10

specialsubject

?

changemyname1 Wed 20-Jun-18 10:54:58

I think it's pathetic tabloids trying to make a story up, get pictures of Diana in the papers as presumably she still pulls people in.

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 20-Jun-18 10:58:14

This isnt the worst ive seen but like this diana at charolates christening

Redglitter Wed 20-Jun-18 11:00:15

Then there was the comparison the other week when Kate was running after the children at the polo match and it was compared to Diana running in a sports day race brew

I can't understand the media obsession with Diana after all this time.

The photoshopped photo of Diana looking into Charlotte's pram at her christening was just plain creepy

NaughtToThreeSadOnions Wed 20-Jun-18 11:00:45

I think the picture youve linked sleeping is meant to imply they were looking up remebering diana - nope they were watching the fly past

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 11:01:46

But its nice they get to hang out...

SleepingStandingUp Wed 20-Jun-18 11:02:26

NaughtToThreeSadOnions yeah I got that, hence my realyy??

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: