Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

LIGHT HEARTED What little things annoy you about your dp?

(120 Posts)
Lindah1 Tue 19-Jun-18 21:32:51

I'm married to a man who is wonderful but he has a couple of bad habits which really get my goat..... every time he uses the family bathroom he brings the handtowel out with him and chucks in over the banister...and when he undresses he takes all his top clothes off at once, so when doing the washing i have to wrestle with separating jumpers from shirts.... love to hear the little things that annoy you about yours! Especially if similar to mine ! I'm sure I have dozens of habits myself hehe

TheSausageEmperor Tue 19-Jun-18 21:33:41

Cupboard doors left open.

SparkleMotions Tue 19-Jun-18 21:38:44

Bloody drawers left open, after he takes clothes out! I don't understand how someone can take clothes out of a drawer and just leave it open and walk off instead of seeing it's quite clearly open and not shut it. Drives me up the bloody wall!

Lindah1 Tue 19-Jun-18 21:41:03

Let it out sparkle grin

Aprilshouldhavebeenmyname Tue 19-Jun-18 21:42:29

Forgets to feed out ddogs.
Had them over 4 years.

Eminybob Tue 19-Jun-18 21:58:47

Drawers and cupboards left open

Asking me where something is rather than looking himself, and if I say “in the drawer” he asks where in the drawer exactly like I’ll know the exact coordinates, rather than move things around until he finds it

Making himself busy all the time, like putting loads of washing on or going to do the pots because it makes me feel lazy even though I was planning to get up and do it myself I don’t get a chance as it’s already done, then he moans he does everything. (I appreciate this isn’t the worst problem in the world to have)

Stephisaur Tue 19-Jun-18 22:14:50

Another vote for cupboard doors left open! Although he smacked his head on one of them the other day so might be learning his lesson there ;)

Bluefargo Tue 19-Jun-18 22:16:51

Leaving things out after using them (tin opener and things like that) - things are never where they should be as a result and then he asks me where they are shock

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Tue 19-Jun-18 22:19:25

tactical incompetence

Jeffjefftyjeff Tue 19-Jun-18 22:31:35

Leaving loaf of bread with cut side open to the air to go hard and stale.

nervousnails Tue 19-Jun-18 22:42:09

He drinks juice and leaves under 1mm in the bottle and pops it back in the fridge. Arghhhh just leave it out you idiot!!!

He makes a sandwich and leaves crumbs EVERYWHERE. Also, coffee powder everywhere when he makes coffee. He is so messy.

iLoveSpaDays Tue 19-Jun-18 22:58:54

The mess
Biting teeth together when asleep
Opening letters then leaving letter on the side out of the envelope (envelope on top)

iLoveSpaDays Tue 19-Jun-18 22:59:32

Oh yeah also leaving draws open too

QOD Tue 19-Jun-18 23:03:17

My dh does every. Single. Thing. Listed.

TSSDNCOP Tue 19-Jun-18 23:03:18

The Cough

The little tune he does like the Intel processing ditty upon entering a room/finishing a task

His tracksuit trousers that swish when he walks

His insistence that the entire family can use just one small shared suitcase for a two week holiday

FrangipaniBlue Tue 19-Jun-18 23:11:04

Tonight he has annoyed me because we've had bananagate.

I came home from the gym to find he'd thrown my last banana in the bin because "the skin had turned brown".

Yes dear, the skin may have been brown but apart from being a bit squishy the actual banana inside wasn't brown and I frankly don't care if it was a bit squishy because it was going in my sodding protein shake!

Honestly leave my fucking bananas alone,YOU DON'T EVEN EAT THEM!!!! angry

VanellopeVonSchweetz99 Tue 19-Jun-18 23:13:24

oh and the endless fucking poops

BetterEatCheese Tue 19-Jun-18 23:16:23

He rattles a knife round in the plug hole chopping little bits of food up instead of taking them to the bin. Our bedroom is above the kitchen and I can hear him doing it now.

Takes a massive swig of tea and swallows it in 4 little mouthfuls. How?!

BetterEatCheese Tue 19-Jun-18 23:17:12

Oh and never wipes the hob down when clearing kitchen

ILoveMyDressingGown Tue 19-Jun-18 23:21:35

In his sleep, he breathes in through his mouth and out through his nose and makes a clicking noise on the switchover. It anoys the fuck out of me. He also snores and I can hear it through the pillow despite having earplugs in.

wheretoyougonow Tue 19-Jun-18 23:25:52

CRISP PACKETS DO NOT GO IN THE RECYCLING BIN.
I feel better for sharing that. To be fair we've only had the bin system for 5 years.....grin

HemanOrSheRa Tue 19-Jun-18 23:33:25

He does this thing if I ask him if he wants a cup of tea. If he doesn't he says no straight away. If he does then he leaves a dramatic pause after I've asked him, let's out a great huffing breath and says 'Aaaaaah, go on then' every single fucking time and it drives me INSANE!

Quodlibet Tue 19-Jun-18 23:33:42

Opens the bathroom window and never fucking shuts it. So every time I go in there it is freezing. I counted 5 times I shut the same window the other day.
Undresses the children for their bath and then leaves their dirty clothes on the bathroom floor, even though he's had 15 minutes of sitting idly in the bathroom supervising bath during which he could have moved said clothes less than a metre into the dirty washing.
Putting on clothes washes and then forgetting to hang them out (or tell me he has done it so can I hang them out) so the wash goes smelly and needs redoing.
All of ours are bathroom crimes.

Littlemissindifferent Tue 19-Jun-18 23:37:52

I have a few but feel better to share!
Hangers left out in bedroom everywhere
Each time he eats, uses a toothpick and leaves it on side or wherever he is to use a later date
Cupboards left open
Tea towel not put back but left in random places
Doesn't clean hob, grease left on it
Keeps shutting windows even in hot summer
and vaping - stinks and sounds like a crack pipe

Xiaoxiong Tue 19-Jun-18 23:38:04

Goes to the trouble of getting a new loo roll when it runs out, but balances it on top of the holder instead of taking the empty tube out, putting the spindle through and putting it in the holder.

I have tried leaving it alone just to see if he will ever put it in the holder on the wall and it just sat on top of the holder until it ran out.

BIL is living with us and he does it as well! I don't know what is going on - they did have loo roll holders growing up, I'm sure...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: