Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

If you are single, where do you sleep?

(59 Posts)
DextroDependant Sun 17-Jun-18 23:35:34

I am single and have a super king size bed. I still sleep about 2 inches away from the edge. I feel I should be making the most of it and sleeping diagonally or in the middle or something.

Where do you sleep if your are single?

DextroDependant Sun 17-Jun-18 23:36:07

*you're

virginwhocantdrive Sun 17-Jun-18 23:37:29

on my side and only my side, then I pretend Anthony joshua is on the other side and happily fall asleep.
I did try and sleep on the other side once, it just felt wrong.

BlossomCat Sun 17-Jun-18 23:37:39

My husband works overnight twice a week. I'm still very much on the right hand side of the bed on those nights. Old habits die hard!

FrogCow Sun 17-Jun-18 23:37:48

I am single. I sleep on the left hand side of the bed. But that’s cow DS is usually on the right hand side of it.

ZibbidooZibbidooZibbidoo Sun 17-Jun-18 23:38:28

On the side nearest the door. It’s a double bed but my youngest slept with me until a few months ago and the other side was his so I guess I just haven’t adjusted to having full use of the bed for myself.

SnuggyBuggy Sun 17-Jun-18 23:38:33

When my husband works away I sometimes treat myself to sleeping in the middle of the double

megletthesecond Sun 17-Jun-18 23:40:07

I tend to favour the left side. My lamp and clock radio are that side. DD often sleeps on the right.

squidgesquodge Sun 17-Jun-18 23:40:44

I bought a king size bed when I was single and happily star fished in the middle of it for years. I always made it up with two sets of pillows but, as soon as I got into bed, chucked one set on the floor & moved "my" pillows into the middle. It took some adjusting whenever I had a boyfriend. Now been with DH for several years and we both have our sides of the bed & I sleep there whether he is home or away & however many DC we have piled into the bed with us.

SamPotatoes Sun 17-Jun-18 23:41:08

I'm married but have a separate bedroom to dh he snores like a freight train. I sleep in the middle of the bed and it is bliss.

Smallhorse Sun 17-Jun-18 23:44:12

I sprawl out on a king sized bed and still risk falling out

Changebagsandgladrags Sun 17-Jun-18 23:47:17

When I was single and had a double bed, I slept passed out on the hallway floor mostly.

DextroDependant Sun 17-Jun-18 23:48:26

It seems sleeping in the middle is a rare occurrence! I can sleep either side but I still sleep neatly in one allocated spot.

I am going to sleep diagonally tonight just to try it. Or maybe horizontally, I am 5ft 2 and the bed is 6ft wide so I will fit.

Lockheart Sun 17-Jun-18 23:49:13

I’m not single (but not living with him). I love my bed space!

clairewiththehair Sun 17-Jun-18 23:54:54

Yep i sleep on the edge too. It feels weird sleeping in the middle for some reason.

wobblebot Sun 17-Jun-18 23:56:15

😂😂😂 @Changebagsandgladrags

FrogFairy Sun 17-Jun-18 23:58:13

I am a restless sleeper and I roll from side to side all night using both pillows.

WillowintheUK Sun 17-Jun-18 23:59:18

I'm married, but my husband works away for lengthy periods of time. When he's not in the bed I sleep on his side. Makes me feel closer to him I think.

RecliningHenderson Mon 18-Jun-18 00:02:22

I can’t bear sleeping in the middle. I have to be right on the edge of either side or it feels too stuffy.

AvocadosBeforeMortgages Mon 18-Jun-18 00:06:01

I sleep on the right side of my double bed.

So does DDog, despite having acres of alternative bed space apparently the only acceptable bit of the mattress is the bit next to my knees hmm

ohtheholidays Mon 18-Jun-18 00:06:16

When I was single I slept like a starfish,I'm no longer single and I still sleep like a starfish,my DH is very -patient- lucky grin

EthelHornsby Mon 18-Jun-18 00:08:39

In the middle - cat on each side!

SpareASquare Mon 18-Jun-18 00:11:23

On my side, of course grin

DickensianHysteric Mon 18-Jun-18 00:11:41

I sleep on the right side of the bed. Thinking about it, I always sleep on the same side of the bed in holiday homes and hotels too. I genuinely don't think I would be able to sleep on the left side of the bed, it would be too weird!

Ollivander84 Mon 18-Jun-18 00:12:35

Super king size and in the middle grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: