Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

What are you grateful for today?

(124 Posts)
mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 07:06:48

Just that really, I try and find something greatful and positive in every day even it's been a really bad day. And it's nice to share that I think

Today I'm grateful for waking up recovered from my migraine and being able to sit in the quiet with a cup of tea and the TV I missed from last night before plenty of cuddles with my little princess.

So what are you grateful for today?

Magmatic80 Sat 16-Jun-18 07:14:40

That I changed the sheets and tidied up last night. Now I don’t have to do it today smile

BillywilliamV Sat 16-Jun-18 07:19:28

After 8 years of working summer fair, DC now at secondary so can just turn up and eat cake..or not go

MrsJonesAndMe Sat 16-Jun-18 07:21:29

Hello again smile Glad you're feeling better.

Grateful that DS slept in a bit, we've not got too much on either. Yesterday was crazy busy.

CillaBlackFanOnIce Sat 16-Jun-18 07:24:00

I'm grateful for DD's amazing relationship with DP (not her dad). They have a beautiful connection and it makes for such a happy home smile

teamclean Sat 16-Jun-18 07:24:57

great thread smile

grateful for a good night's sleep - don't always sleep well

it's the weekend!!

cuddled up in bed with DH and DDog

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 07:26:27

@Magmatic80 as soon as DP is up my sheets will off and washed nothing better than clean bedding. Have a lovely day x

@BillywilliamV I'd be celebrating too, cake sounds perfect x

Morning @MrsJonesAndMe bonus on the lie in, enjoy your Saturday lovely x

CockOffPostmanPat Sat 16-Jun-18 07:26:55

I'm grateful for my dh. He's taken Dd downstairs so I can relax in bed for a bit. I can hear her shrieking with laughter - he's a lovely daddy and she adores him.

Mailfuckoff Sat 16-Jun-18 07:26:57

Greatful that dh has taken dc downstairs so I can rest without me having to ask him

CockOffPostmanPat Sat 16-Jun-18 07:27:27

Haha! Snap @Mailfuckoff

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 07:28:23

@CillaBlackFanOnIce awww I love that one. I'm blessed my DD1 has a good relationship with my DP too, it's lovely to have a happy home. Have a good weekend xx

@teamclean Glad you had a wonderful nights sleep and are enjoying what sounds like a very relaxing morning, I hope the rest of your weekend is just as good xx

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 07:29:53

@CockOffPostmanPat and @Mailfuckoff love that you were both grateful for the same thing! It's those little things that are the best. Enjoy your relaxing and have a wonderful day xxx

Mailfuckoff Sat 16-Jun-18 07:30:17

cockoffpostmanpat mine may not be laughing but they are doing homework so that's a double win for me

Pascha Sat 16-Jun-18 07:31:59

At this point in the day I am grateful that the children know how to operate iPlayer (thank you Go Jetters) and that I have good coffee in my hand.

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 08:02:30

@Pascha sounds like a good thing that ha ha. My little one has disappeared back upstairs to play with her toys. I'm classing that as a bonus x

Hideandgo Sat 16-Jun-18 08:12:40

For my happy healthy children. I know that all it would take would be one child struggling physically or mentally to turn my world upside down so every day with them all happy and well is a gift. I’m grateful for my husband who busts his balls in his work because although we’ve had a few years of him working 365/24/7, it’s really beginning to pay off and I’m now hopeful that we will never want for anything but also that we can start having a bit of him back again. Im grateful that I can trust my DH not to play with our lives by cheating or breaking my heart. I’m grateful for my easy, stress free job which gives me independence, self esteem and help with the kids. I’m grateful for our dream home which is a work in progress but that’s what makes it so wonderful. I know every plant and tree in the place personally and this place gives us a blank canvas for our future in terms of gardening, farming, horses, parties etc.

I know I’m extremely lucky and just pray that the kids, DH and I and our parents can continue to be happy and well because that would overshadow every other material thing we currently get pleasure out of in a heartbeat.

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 08:18:31

@Hideandgo I love that. Above every thing else it's family and it sounds like you've got a wonderful one there. Enjoy your blessings and have a wonderful weekend xx

Yoksha Sat 16-Jun-18 08:44:32

Just waking up OP. That, and the furry little rescue cat (had her 7yrs) sleeping at my feet. The cats are put in kitchen at night. She climbs up the roof & squeezes through the toilet window just to get to me.

flowers for this thread OP

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 09:39:54

Ah @Yoksha that's so cute. Have a wonderful Saturday lovely and cuddles being sent for the cats xxx

9amTrain Sat 16-Jun-18 09:45:40

Nothing I'm in a shit mood 😂😂😂

Maybe that I have a box of Lindor next to my bed so I can reach out should I do desire.

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 09:55:27

@9amTrain sorry you're in a shit mood, I hope everything is ok and you manage to have a lovely day. If not it's defo a bed, Netflix and chocolate day. Sending you lots of love and positive thoughts xxx

teamclean Sat 16-Jun-18 10:03:09

@9amTrain

Don't know if your sense of humour, but try reading the "Snapped + Farted" thread that went into Classics yesterday. Might do the trick! Hope your day picks up flowers

AgedTawnyPort Sat 16-Jun-18 10:06:57

Peace and quiet.

DH has seasonal allergies and asthma but is his own worst enemy by not remembering to take Clarytin very often. He sneezes, snorts, blows his nose in elephant style and coughs endlessly and it really gets on my nerves!

He is away, DD is asleep and I have been reading peacefully for two hours without a sound.

mumof2sarah Sat 16-Jun-18 10:09:28

@AgedTawnyPort sounds like you deserve the peace and quiet. Enjoy your reading time lovely x

VioletCharlotte Sat 16-Jun-18 10:13:59

I'm grateful that I've got a quiet weekend after a busy week. A chance to draw breath, catch up with things at home and have some down time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: