Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Iv just lost a hard lump during “period”?!

(16 Posts)
hattiesmumm Wed 13-Jun-18 22:25:18

Hi all

I had an abortion roughly 10 weeks ago. I didn’t bleed much and was still getting positive tests at 4 weeks so I had to go back for a scan. They could see a small area of blood so gave me more tablets. They didn’t work.

I started bleeding 3 weeks ago, very heavy/bright blood. I haven’t stopped.

Tonight I went to the toilet and lose a hard gross lump that is like nothing Iv seen before. Wasn’t like a normal blood clot as it was really hard! It was roughly 3/4cm wide and round. Now I’m freaking out. What I’m more freaked out is that there was something that looked like a tiny umbilical cord!!

SophieE1987 Wed 13-Jun-18 22:32:44

I had an ERPC after a miscarriage and a few days later after being told I had no retained products I passed a weird dark red hard thing, it almost looked like a peach stone in texture. In my head it was something to do with the placenta, but I have no idea if it was. That was the last tissue/clot I passed and I stopped bleeding a few days later. I’m sorry you’ve been bleeding so long but maybe this was what your body has been waiting to pass?

Mybabystolemysanity Wed 13-Jun-18 22:34:56

I'm so sorry. That sounds exactly like what I passed with a 10 week loss. Take care of yourself.

hattiesmumm Wed 13-Jun-18 22:42:36

Thank you both, I think it could be. My period has slowed down! Iv never seen anything like it 😔

hattiesmumm Thu 14-Jun-18 08:22:57

Iv Googled so much but I can’t find anything about it!

Bleeding has gone heavy again and my stomach is sore today

lexiewrites Thu 14-Jun-18 08:43:21

I'd go to the hospital and get checked love, my friend had an abortion years ago by having the tablets it didn't work and she didn't think too much of heavy bleeding as she has heavy periods usually. She haemorrhaged on her way to work and was in hospital for a week having transfusions and was really quite poorly.

I've had a miscarriage and what I passed wasn't completely hard it was firm and it was pretty obvious what it was, the pain I experienced was the same as labour pain.

Let us know how you get on, thinking of you.

hattiesmumm Thu 14-Jun-18 11:53:03

Iv got a doctors appointment tonight!

I’m worried because the bit that looked like an umbilical cord, there’s something strange attached to it?

I have pictures I could post but don’t want to gross anyone out!

kaytee87 Thu 14-Jun-18 11:56:29

How far along were you when you had the abortion / failed abortion?

hattiesmumm Thu 14-Jun-18 11:59:30

6 weeks x

kaytee87 Thu 14-Jun-18 12:06:38

I don't think you'd be able to see an umbilical cord at 6 weeks although I might be wrong.
I'd pop it into a tupperware to show the doctor later.
Hope you're ok.

FoulMouthedMotherFigure Fri 15-Jun-18 11:14:46

How are you today, OP? I hope you got reassurance at the GP's last night and you're on the mend now. flowers

hattiesmumm Fri 15-Jun-18 16:49:22

Hi,

I went to the doctors, he said I need to contact th clinic and wasn’t very helpful. Iv tried ringing today but haven’t been able to speak to anyone.

Bleeding has calmed down but this morning it was very very heavy. I even bled out at the doctors 🙈 I feel so weak sad

AuntyElle Fri 15-Jun-18 16:55:49

I’m horrified that your GP didn’t help! I don’t have any advice, except to may be go to A&E. flowers

kaytee87 Fri 15-Jun-18 16:58:51

You poor love. Try to eat some iron rich food (plus chocolate), drink plenty water and have a hot water bottle on the sofa.

MrsAmaretto Fri 15-Jun-18 17:00:41

I think you should phone NHS 24 when your surgery is shut or head to A&E. Feeling weak due to severe blood loss is an emergency

FoulMouthedMotherFigure Fri 15-Jun-18 19:14:51

Seconding AuntyElle and MrsAmaretto here, OP - your blood loss sounds very draining. I do hope you've gone to A&E, and that they've been able to assess, treat and/or reassure you.

Thinking of you. flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: