Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Advice about bathroom scales

(8 Posts)
Mailfuckoff Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:16

I'm thinking to get bathroom scales to encourage me to lose weight but also keep an eye on my sons weight as I don't think he's putting any on. Can anyone recommend some that I could get? I would let my dc use it for fun, as I don't want to make it an issue.

isthistoonosy Wed 13-Jun-18 21:32:59

Any electronic scales should be fine.

How old / heavy is your dc? Some don't work at low weights

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:34:25

You can make it fun by getting your ds to see how much he weighs by holding different things etc?

Mailfuckoff Wed 13-Jun-18 22:05:14

Dc is 8. Has anyone got electronic scales that they use? Are they robust enough to live in a bathroom that regularly gets a tidal wave from the bath?

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 23:14:36

We have these but they don't live in the bathroom

MikeUniformMike Wed 13-Jun-18 23:22:57

Don't weigh yourself too often and bear in mind that you might weigh more if you've just eaten a huge meal.
I have electronic ones but I still manage to weigh quite a lot more on other scales. Check what units they measure. X stones is more scaryy than X*14 pounds.

Mailfuckoff Sat 16-Jun-18 13:00:03

I'm 11 stone 2 pounds or 70kg. So at least 3 quarters of a stone to lose. Wish me luck

MikeUniformMike Sat 16-Jun-18 13:52:29

Good luck. Don't go on a diet, but make healthy lifestyle choices that you can sustain.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: