Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Thank you for hospital staff

(5 Posts)
KitchenFloor Wed 13-Jun-18 20:58:20

My youngest DC has just turned 1. I had a pretty massive pph when I gave birth. I didn't get around to proper thank yous at the time but thought I could send a card with a pic of her now, a note and a gift. Any ideas what might be appropriate? I think I had the whole shift in the room at one point (it certainly felt like it!)

Toddlerteaplease Wed 13-Jun-18 21:09:31

A card and maybe a fruit basket. They other loads of chocolate. So fruit always goes down well.

GuntyMcGee Wed 13-Jun-18 21:18:29

A card will do just nicely, especially if you can remember names of anyone who looked after you. Most units will display cards for a while, and most cards are also pointed out to higher management as a way of showing that the staff are doing a good job.

If you can put individual names in, it'll also help the staff with their revaluation, which they have to do every 3 years - staff have to give feedback from patients they've cared for as part of proving their fitness to practice.

Personally, the fact that someone has taken time to write and send a card means a lot, and a card will last far longer than a box of chocs or some cake.

If you do decide to send in a gift, food gifts always go down well - I've known trays of homemade samosas, home baked cake, crispy creme boxes, fruit baskets, and even a dominoes voucher which was used to get pizza delivered for a staff meeting - all greatly appreciated.

KitchenFloor Wed 13-Jun-18 21:35:28

Hmm savouries or fruit or healthier snacks are a good idea. I don't remember names unfortunately (aside from the midwife who delivered the baby).

nocoolnamesleft Wed 13-Jun-18 21:37:22

Send a letter to the chief executive of the hospital telling them that the whole team was amazing, and asking them to thank them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: