Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Colleague has to work on Eid, how can I make it a little better for her?

(16 Posts)
JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Jun-18 20:50:25

I really, really feel for her. She’s been through loads already this year and has recently been told that her Mum, who is only 47, is terminal. The boss is absolutely refusing to let her have one day off.

Is there anything I can do or give her that would make her day a little better?

French2019 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:52:11

The boss sounds crap, but you sound lovely.

Could you take her an Eid card? Decorate her desk? Bake a cake? I'm sure any little gesture would be appreciated.

MrsWhirly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:00:18

Your kind OP.

This Eid usually involves a lot of eating, particularly sweet foods. How about bringing in some sweet treats for everyone to eat?

I always

TheDevilMadeMeDoIt Wed 13-Jun-18 21:05:16

Imagine it's Christmas Day. A little present, party type food (make sure it's halal). An Eid card, and if your miserable boss will let you, a bit of decoration on her desk.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Jun-18 21:16:16

Ah that’s lovely, thanks for all of your suggestions. I’m free tomorrow night so I can bake for her and if I do a detour on the way home from work I coukd get her some nice sweets. Will definitely get an Eide card too.

Thanks again.

WaitRun Wed 13-Jun-18 21:19:15

You are so lovely. You don't have to bake something, though it is a very kind gesture. Just remember not to place any alcohol and no lard or gelatine based products. Same with sweets too.

The boss sounds horrid.

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:21:09

I'd get an Eid card and some Halal sweets (found in the world food isle- apparently you can even get halal Haribo!)

Dontletthebastardsgrindyoudown Wed 13-Jun-18 21:22:28

Is your work usually closed on Christmas Day Op?

That sounds very unfair on your colleague if it is.

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Jun-18 21:23:41

Oh I didn’t know you could get Halal haribo! Thanks for that Pass smile

JiltedJohnsJulie Wed 13-Jun-18 21:24:27

Yes we usually close for 3 days over Christmas.

MrsWhirly Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:12

Yes, halal haribo or M&S do vegan gummy sweets.

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:28:16

Here's some, I'd definitely go for something like that than try to predict their traditional treats...

Passthecake30 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:30:27

Am now thinking I need to get something for my work colleague even though he's going to be allowed time off!
Better get cracking.

gryffen Wed 13-Jun-18 21:30:55

Sounds fantastic!

Sainsburys have lots of Eid friendly goodies at the moment including the Haribo (the price is horrific but soooo yummy!)

Also try a local speciality store in the area and just ask if unsure!

WaitRun Fri 15-Jun-18 09:24:23

@Passthecake30 No body expects it, so don't worry smile

Passthecake30 Fri 15-Jun-18 11:30:42

Phew wait, just seems a bit onesided as I happily eat the munchies that he brings in to celebrate grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: