Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I get irrationally annoyed at houses on Rightmove that scream 'property developer'

(155 Posts)
InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 20:32:05

Is it just me?

They have such a 'look', I can spot them a mile off.

DragonsAndCakes Wed 13-Jun-18 20:33:36

I had never thought to look! Our last one was basically one though.
Have you any examples to share? I’m going to start spotting them now.

InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 20:35:13

I'll probably post one and someone will claim it's their best friend's place.

I think it's a lot of grey, absolutely no nick-nacks, immaculate new kitchen with metro tiles and new bathroom with green accents.

ColoursOfRain Wed 13-Jun-18 20:35:35

You know you need to link to some examples grin

IamPickleRick Wed 13-Jun-18 20:38:09

I find a lot of them have very cheap looking laminate floors in an unnatural grey.

user1484830599 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:40:11

The grey is a dead give away. They seem to love the sage-y green coloured kitchens here too.

InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 20:42:51

www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-54864120.html

Now this one I'm not entirely sure. Bathroom and kitchen fit the bill perfectly.

IamPickleRick Wed 13-Jun-18 20:45:00

That one looks like someone has sent all their kids toys, books and kitchen utensils to their mothers house to put in storage until it sells!

InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 20:46:14

The lack of kitchen utensils is also a tell, I think. Most people have one rack at least.

Theleftparing Wed 13-Jun-18 20:48:50

Ah, The Curse of Homes Under The Hammer.

Every speck of quirk,interest, originality and features replaced by a P bath, sandstone tiles and 6 panelled white doors.

Flexoset Wed 13-Jun-18 20:48:52

Although some real-life butts have definitely sat on one of those sofas and squished the cushions down. So it is lived in after all.

(The other sofa is still plump and pristine by comparison... nobody sits on that one because it doesn't face the telly.)

InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 20:50:30

The Curse of Homes Under The Hammer.

grin

Everyone's an expert. Good shout with the cushions!

Arkengarthdale Wed 13-Jun-18 20:52:19

Blimey that's cheap! Must be in a dodgy part of town (don't know Glasgow)

Yep. Either property developed to within an inch of its life, or 'professionally' 'dressed'

Why do nurseries always always have pink stuff in them?

hendricksy Wed 13-Jun-18 20:53:25

Why does it matter ? My house kind of looks like that . I hate mess and don't like a load of nil naks around me. I'm always shocked at how messy other people's homes are so I know mine must be minimal .

ZispinAndChai Wed 13-Jun-18 20:55:33

I guess some people also make their homes look like that for the pictures, as they feel it's expected. Ours certainly did. Definitely no property developers involved, though. The couple we bought from had lived here for years, and had redone the kitchen and bathroom for themselves. I guess they just had a very neutral taste? All the walls were off-white, they didn't seem to go for many pictures on the walls and liked a neutral or white tile. It had a much more lived in feel to it when we came to view, though.

NapQueen Wed 13-Jun-18 20:56:45

I think that one is lived in. Mine went on today and is equally as decluttered. But we genuinely live there.

peartreeishappy Wed 13-Jun-18 20:57:15

It’s a very bland, prescribed look isn’t it? People have houses like this that they live in, not just when they’re for sale. No personal things they’ve collected over the years, bland, uninspiring pictures and not many of them. No books, throws, lamps, plants, knitting etc. lying around. Just a sofa, rug, big telly and a coffee table.

They’re the housing equivalent of a hotel room.

AornisHades Wed 13-Jun-18 21:00:17

That window in the nursery with the window seat would give me the fear. <misses point of thread>

And is there really only a six inch gap to the side of the bath?

NapQueen Wed 13-Jun-18 21:01:17

Look at the sofa. Theres been bums sat on that for years. Should have gone foam filled not feather.

LineRunners Wed 13-Jun-18 21:01:56

Gosh. £135k for that nice two bedroom flat shock

caoraich Wed 13-Jun-18 21:10:20

I'll probably post one and someone will claim it's their best friend's place.

Oh man, not my best pal but I do know the owner grin

DrCoconut Wed 13-Jun-18 21:10:43

It's not unpleasant but it is totally characterless and rather expensive for only 2 bedrooms and a flat not a house. I do live in a cheap area though, I'm expecting to get no more than £65k for my 3 bed house.

ColoursOfRain Wed 13-Jun-18 21:11:24

That's my flat shock

I see what you mean - matchy, matchy all the way through.

InStarbucksImSally Wed 13-Jun-18 21:13:51

Not too dodgy. 'On the up'.

NapQueen Wed 13-Jun-18 21:14:23

Colours its fucking lush!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: