Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Possible nits

(6 Posts)
Caramelmacchiatoqueen Wed 13-Jun-18 20:30:52

I think my two year old has nits. First glance I can’t see anything but she is itching her hair quite a bit. How the heck do you go about combing their hair when they absolutely hate having their hair washed and won’t sit still to run a comb through it! Any tips gratefully received. I have heard the nitty gritty comb is a good Comb to use but I wondered if there was just some sort of shampoo that we could use and that would be the end of it. Never had to deal with it before...

niknac1 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:32:10

Hefting works, you can get it at a chemist and the nitty nit comb is good

bigchris Wed 13-Jun-18 20:35:35

At that age put him between your knees , give him a tablet or phone to play with , slather with conditioner and comb through with a nitty gritty comb putting nits on a piece of kitchen roll

Repeat for a few days and then a week later in case any eggs have hatched

DragonScales Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:24

Bribery to get her to sit still - iPad and sweets grin. Or check her hair for eggs whilst she is sleeping (mostly around the ears and nape)

We use lyclear from behind the pharmacy counter (wash hair with shampoo, apply cream for 10 mins, rinse off and a nitty gritty comb to go through after)

Caramelmacchiatoqueen Thu 14-Jun-18 06:45:08

Thank you all for the tips and ideas, she is so strong minded bribery doesn’t always work but I will give it a go! I have started itching now too but I’m sure it’s all psychological...hopefully!

ErictheGuineaPig Thu 14-Jun-18 06:48:42

Do it in the bath. Whack a load of conditioner on, normal brush first then nitty gritty.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: