Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

I need a bra intervention for my mum please

(12 Posts)
ilovewelshrarebit123 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:52:20

My mum has a terminal lung illness, she is on permanent oxygen, and in a wheelchair. Getting her out for a bra fit is not easy and she's reluctant to go.

She is spending a fortune on bras trying to find a comfortable one. She must have 50 in her drawers!

She is buying a bigger back and smaller cup but a physiotherapist has told her this is wrong. She said she needs a bigger cup and a smaller back. But surely this will make the band tighter.

She is wearing a 40D and they are still hurting her around the band. She sits all day and has a large spare tyre which isn't helping.

Where is the best place to get a proper fitting and a decent bra. She won't wear wired bras either.

I can measure her but not sure how? Money isn't a problem so willing to pay a bit more if someone can recommend a website.

I wish we were near a Rigby & Peller as they sorted me out!

iggleypiggly Wed 13-Jun-18 19:57:24

Where are you based? There are many fitters that come to your home;

www.brasathome.co.uk

iggleypiggly Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:01

bralady.co.uk

ilovewelshrarebit123 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:58:50

We're in North Wales I'm afraid, thanks though.

IcaMorgan Wed 13-Jun-18 20:01:04

www.booborbust.com will tell you how to measure and give you the size

HyacinthsBucket70 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:05:52

Could you try some bra extenders if the cups on her existing bras fit her OK?

Ample Bosom is a good website, or Figleaves?

foxyfemke Wed 13-Jun-18 20:06:56

Might you have an independent shop nearby?

Otherwise, Anita do some lovely bras that are stretchy, non-wired and still supportive. I had them when I was pregnant.

www.envie4u.co.uk/lingerie/anita-bras.html

sammielouise Wed 13-Jun-18 20:10:07

Definitely try booborbust, a too small cup steals from the band so you'll be surprised with the results! Also have a look at Molke bras, I've not tried them myself but had loads of people swear by them!

MissCherryCakeyBun Wed 13-Jun-18 20:15:52

Please please try the boob or bust method it's changed my boob problems like you wouldn't believe. I was in a 42dd and I'm now 40GG and the constant breast pain has gone. I was measured several times at both M&S and Debenhams and told the 42 DD. Make sure you read all the blurb about how it works the lovely ladies there will also help with online fit checks https://booborbust.com/bra-measuring-guide/

GrowThroughWhatYouGoThrough Wed 13-Jun-18 20:36:36

Another for boob or bust

rosetintedview Wed 13-Jun-18 22:15:45

Definitely check out Molke, from what you've described I think they'd be ideal!

DaisyDreaming Thu 14-Jun-18 04:57:23

I find these a really good ‘inbetween’. When I can’t stand to wear a bra but the outfit I’m going out in looks awful with a saggy croptop I use these www.marksandspencer.com/louisa-lace-bralet-dd-/p/p60105434?prevPage=srp
It must be the DD+ ones (there’s a very similar range without the word Dd+ without so much support) and it actually gives me enough lift to wear a dress. Not as good shape as when I wear true scpholding but so much comfier

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: