Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

My acne has gone MENTAL

(10 Posts)
ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 19:45:12

Last week, I had my first period since Aug 2015 (I seem to be in the 0.00001% of women for whom BF is actually an effective contraceptive grin).

This week, I have large cysts down the side of my face, jawline and neck. They're huge. This isn't normal, is it? How do I keep it under control???

OrcinusOrca Wed 13-Jun-18 19:46:25

I've got what seems to be hormonal acne, started in Feb and won't go. In the end the GP has prescribed me some cream (Duac). In the meantime I found Germaline helped, numbed it a bit and calmed it down but having had it for so long I wanted something a bit better.

ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 19:47:13

Here are some incredibly unclear pics to help with your armchair diagnoses smile

ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 19:48:24

Thank you orcinus thanks

I used to be on Marvelon for my skin (pill), also Dianette although I know that's not recommended.

ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 19:54:34

Bump

userofthiswebsite Wed 13-Jun-18 19:57:21

From the pics I can see, it's hardly noticeable!!

Trust me, I've had way worse on my chin area. The only thing that keeps it at bay is Lymecycline but you're not supposed to stay on that forever...

ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 19:59:56

Thanks user, I think the dim lighting is doing me some favours! I shall ask GP about Lymecycline

Ohyesiam Wed 13-Jun-18 20:00:05

I say this every time a post about acne comes on.
Neighbours son with terrible acne really a face full of pustules, saw a Chinese medical herbalist , the high street type .
3 weeks later almost completely clear skin.

ShackUp Wed 13-Jun-18 20:01:14

ohyes thank you - was this acupuncture or did he take stuff?

ZetaPuppis Wed 13-Jun-18 20:09:17

I get acne and books like that. I’ve given up dairy and my skin is clear for the first time in ages. Dairy contains a lot of hormones so there may be a link there.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: