Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Well, shit. Think we’ve broken the carpet

(9 Posts)
DrLucyMaxwell Wed 13-Jun-18 19:23:55

We just cleaned it with a vax and it looks a lot better but I guess it’s stretched (?) and our living room has 7 little hills sad

It’s still damp, might it tighten up as it dries? Has this happened to anyone else??

ParentInCharge Wed 13-Jun-18 19:37:00

It should shrink back. We had carpets cleaned in one house and there were bumps everywhere but they disappeared afterwards. We've had other carpets cleaned that it never happened to though.

DrLucyMaxwell Wed 13-Jun-18 19:38:46

Thanks! I really hope so

I’ve heard of wool carpets shrinking, so we were careful not to use too-hot water. I’ve never heard of this!

PavlovaPrincess Wed 13-Jun-18 19:39:13

Not with a carpet as such, but it happened with a rug we once had.

As the PP said, once it's dried, it should go back to normal.

Tink1990 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:02:48

Sorry, no advice but I do love the title of your thread grin

DrLucyMaxwell Thu 14-Jun-18 12:31:30

grin Tink It’s looking a bit better, so I’m sure it’ll be hilarious tomorrow!

Tink1990 Thu 14-Jun-18 19:18:54

Im glad to hear its looking a bit normal now! Hopefully the hills will be all gone in a couple of days, especially if its warm weather smile

DrLucyMaxwell Thu 14-Jun-18 19:48:10

All fine! But that was a scare, we just might not use that room til the kids leave home 😬

Tink1990 Thu 14-Jun-18 22:46:03

Think that sounds like a plan! Glad to hear its all ok now, it would have given me a scare too and I woulda thought I had broken the carpet as well grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: