Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

adding European car insurance when no longer resident in the UK?

(3 Posts)
CrackersForPolly Wed 13-Jun-18 18:42:43

We are leaving the UK permanently and intend to spend about 6 weeks in Europe driving our own car. I've checked with our insurance and it's not much to add the European coverage but I'm a little worried as I'm not sure if we'd still be classified as resident in the UK during this time? Were' leaving after we've sold our house so won't have a UK address.

Anyone got any experience of this? I don't really want to speak with our insurers just yet about it.

frenchfancy Wed 13-Jun-18 18:52:16

You should be classed as legally resident in the UK unless you are planning a trip of 6 months plus. Even then if you are travelling with intent to return to the UK then you are still a UK resident.

CrackersForPolly Wed 13-Jun-18 18:55:41

We're not coming back to the UK, all our stuff will be shipped to Australia.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: