Talk

Advanced search

Threads in this topic are removed 90 days after the thread was started.

Help me find a holiday

(27 Posts)
CleverQuacks Wed 13-Jun-18 18:29:12

Mumsnet I need your help! My 3 boys (aged 3, 7 and 11) have never been abroad. We can only ever afford camping holidays and although we have a great time camping I would love some sunshine.

I have just recieved a small amount of inheritance and would like to treat the kids to an abroad holiday next year (2019) but I really don’t no where to start as I haven’t traveled much.

I have about 2000 to spend. These are my absolute must haves:
1) somewhere hot
2) with a pool
3) walking distance to the beach
4) airport transfers included (I am not brave enough to drive abroad)
5) big enough room to sleep us all as I am a newly single parent.
6) minimum half board.
7) traveling end of June / beginning of July 2019

Then I would like, but don’t think I can afford:
1) some kind of kids entertainment
2) all inclusive
3) water slides at the hotel

Can anyone recommend anywhere? Or even just a country to start in!

DragonScales Wed 13-Jun-18 18:31:42

How long are you going for? What's your nearest airport? Does it have to be in summer holidays or do your dc have inset days that you could use? Have you all got passports (if not that's another expense to add to your budget)

CleverQuacks Wed 13-Jun-18 18:35:28

I could fly from East Midlands or Birmingham. I would like to go for a week. I would take the kids out of school so it doesn’t have to be summer holidays.

They don’t have passports but I have looked into that and budgeted for them.

NoStraightEdges Wed 13-Jun-18 18:36:37

Start with your local airport and find out which airports they fly to.

At £2k, the budget is fairly tight. I have just booked flights and accommodation for 10 nights self catering. Flights were £275 each including baggage, check in and priority boarding and the apartment was £1200. It has a pool and direct access to the beach. I'll book airport transfers too. It is in the school holidays though.

I also looked at eurocamp type places, and any kind of place with water slides, kids clubs, half board were ££££

welshmist Wed 13-Jun-18 18:43:11

Family taken children 3 yrs and 1 yr to Spain this week £600 all inclusive, they are having a fantastic time. They booked two rooms. The kids club is friendly so you can have a break, it was with first choice the parents were not looking forward to it, but have had a fantastic time.

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g562812-d620408-Reviews-Holiday_Village-Benalmadena_Costa_del_Sol_Province_of_Malaga_Andalucia.html

HeedMove Wed 13-Jun-18 18:46:09

Its still a bit early to book now tbh. Id wait till January as then airlines like easyjet, ryanair will of released flights and it will be cheaper. I can defo find all that for 2k for four of you next January. Thats when I usually book ours and have the same requirements for our three kids and dont pay more than 2.5k all inclusive for me, dh and the three kids.

Land0r Wed 13-Jun-18 19:14:02

I say this on every holiday thread I post on - Los Patos Park, Benalmadena. Water slides, very close to the beach and a beautiful park nearby. Fly into Malaga and it's about 25 minutes in a (pre booked) taxi from there.

barleyreed Wed 13-Jun-18 19:18:49

TUI's Family Life hotels should fit the bill! I reckon you would easily get one within your budget smile Also if you search the TUI site you can look for only holidays with a free child place too x

SometimesMaybe Wed 13-Jun-18 19:21:45

Go into a travel agent (who knew they still existed!) you often will get a better price online but they can do all the trawling for you - look at different dates etc. Out of school hols you will get something nice for 2k, esp as you will prob get one child free place.

Bridechilla Wed 13-Jun-18 19:22:58

Malta could be a good idea, great public transport. Portugal is still topping the lists for the cheapest destinations. If you want to go AI then you can't beat a Turkey beach resorts, it would be roasting in July.

As you're booking so far in advance, once you've got a destination I'd personally wait for the flights to be released with the budget airlines (easyJet/Ryanair). Buy then the minute they're released and you won't find cheaper.

mouse26 Wed 13-Jun-18 19:25:25

We've been to bulgaria the last couple of years. I know sunny beach gets some bad reviews but we stayed at tiara Beach hotel and had a great time, spent approx 1500 for two adults and 2 children, all inclusive, good sized family room, 5 minute walk to the beach. Nice pool at the hotel with water slides and the weather was beautiful in June. We flew from east midlands and transfers were included.

PinglePongle Wed 13-Jun-18 19:31:40

Tui/ First Choice Holiday Villages and Family Life hotels are great for kids

Lots of options for the end of June all inclusive for around your budget, family rooms from East mids

CleverQuacks Wed 13-Jun-18 19:42:50

Thanks all. There is a lot to look through! I think I will take the advice of actually going into a travel agent and getting some advice. I feel completely out of my depth!

Kaz2200 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:33:04

Have a look for flights from your local airports try kiwi.com for cheap flights to anywhere then book on Airbnb or owners direct.

Kaz2200 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:34:43

Sorry just read you full post, look at ice lolly holidays.

cherrytrees123 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:39:32

San Giorgio hotel in Kefalonia ticks all the boxes apart from kid's entertainment . San Valentin in Menorca ticks all the boxes apart from walking distance to the beach but it isn't far.

cherrytrees123 Wed 13-Jun-18 21:40:21

Sorry, no water slides though, but there is a pool in both hotels.

PhilODox Wed 13-Jun-18 21:46:56

If you're taking them all out of school, you'll need to budget for the fines for three children!

BarbaraofSevillle Wed 13-Jun-18 21:47:12

Put your dates, airports and party size into the Jet2holidays deals finder and see what comes up.

They fly from both Birmingham and East Midlands and can be excellent value. I don't work for them BTW, just a happy customer. Often cheaper than booking separately.

witchofzog Wed 13-Jun-18 21:49:14

You will get a lot more for your money in Turkey. It's a beautiful country with very friendly people. Have a look on Love Holidays. You can search by lots of different things at once including budget, board, temperature, kids entertainment etc. You can search by a whole month and with multiple airports which is fab. And you can add transfers and baggage (which is incorporated in package prices too)

I would a avoid high st travel agents if you can. They will usually charge more and will possibly give you the hard sell. I cannot stress enough the importance of reading trip advisor reviews before you book and travel agents may pressure you to book there and then

witchofzog Wed 13-Jun-18 21:50:22

phil there is only usually a fine if attendance is less than 95 percent.

MamaMiapartytime Wed 13-Jun-18 21:53:50

phil there is only usually a fine if attendance is less than 95 percent.

That isn't accurate.

Ginorchoc Wed 13-Jun-18 21:54:58

Jet2 give small a single parent discount but you have to ask via live chat.

witchofzog Wed 13-Jun-18 21:57:22

It is where I live and also where 2 of my friends live (in separate parts of the country)

PhilODox Wed 13-Jun-18 23:29:21

Well it isn't where I live!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: